"Plan to Eat" Online menu planner

Options
I was thinking of signing up for this "plan to eat" online menu planner. Does anyone have experience with it? Thanks

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    plantoeat.com/

Is this the company you plan to join?
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have used it...once. I found that the meals were very generic and not customizable to your food likes and dislikes.

For instance, you want to eat Low cal, there was a menu (no asking about if you don't want a certain vegetable or whatnot).

In those senses, the menu was ok because it took some guess work out of how many calories were in the recipe. The bad part was that every other meal had a veggie that I wouldn't eat or someone else. I would suggest a limited trial and only if it is a good price. I got my year long membership at 12 dollars (on groupon or something like that). I literally only looked 4 times at the menus and never used one recipe.

Good luck!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't, but maybe you should input your own recipes into MFP and prelog your week? I don't do that, but I know there are other users on here who do.
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've used it. It does help you plan your meals better and helped me save money when grocery shopping because everything was planned out. I only used recipes that I added in from websites like skinnytaste.com, etc. If you are looking for a planner to help you save money and meal plan its great. I'm not sure if it would help with weight loss unless you are eating badly or out all the time. Obviously planning meals and eating healthier at home would help eating habits.
  • mommyscott6
    mommyscott6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've been using it for a week. I'll likely sign-up when my 30-day free trial ends!
    I found that the meals were very generic and not customizable to your food likes and dislikes.

Perhaps a different service? Plan To Eat doesn't suggest any meal plan; you add your own recipes or import web recipes, schedule cooking/serving them, then generate a shopping list.

(Optionally, it ties into MFP for easier logging, and to evaluate a dish's calories/macros!)

What does it provide?

1. Recipes - I can manage the recipes I use in a central place, along with supporting info--cost, nutritional value, and likability. Tracking these facilitates improvement. It's easy to share.

2. Planner - I can drag and drop recipes to create a monthly menu for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks. I'm less likely to have no food on hand and eat junk. It's easy to share.

3. Shopping - It combines like ingredients to create a master grocery list, removes on-hand staples, and organizes the list into likely sections or aisles you'll find in the store. It's easy to share.

Basically, most of the tools you'd want for general meal-planning.

What doesn't it provide?

a. Price Book
    b. Dynamically updated recipe costs
    c. Digital inventory of your pantry (removed feature)