Hi Everyone

Options
Hi Everyone,
Greeting from cold Chicago :)
I just recently discovered MFP. I was a Weight Watchers member for 3 years, lost 30 pounds out of 50 I should have and stopped to learn to live with 30lb less, changed my life 100%, started eating healthy and working out. I kept my weight for over 2 years not being able to lose another 20 but at least I kept it. Then something happened that I started eating more and worse and gained 10lb back. Now I am straggling to lose that 10 + 20 more to be in the healthy range.
I quit WW because it started to be too much repetition at meetings and i was not being motivated at all anymore.

I need new motivation.

My goal this time is to eat healthy-simply switch to all natural, simple, raw and organic food. I do not want to starve it never worked for me.
My biggest straggle is to track what I eat. This is the best way for me to lose weight but somehow I don't do it.

My hobbies are travelling, outdoors, running, kickboxing and motorcycles.

Thanks and good luck to everyone
Marta

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. Get in the habit of tracking, it only takes a few minutes each day. Another thing that will help is to use a food scale and weigh everything from oatmeal to peanut butter. It will make a big difference. Good luck and have fun!!
  • Martusia919
    Martusia919 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you - you are very right :):D
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help in any way I can. I'm in a kickboxing class right now; love it! Feel free to add me. ankdworak
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This site is a great place for healthy weight loss and support / motivation.
  • chisireyes
    chisireyes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been a MFP member since the beginning of the year and have dropped 35 lbs (from 310 to 275) just by coming back as often as possible and being more conscientious. I haven't kept a faithful diary but I've noticed that the more I keep track the better choices I make and slowly but surely its working.
    This week I began crossfit and love it! I work at a gym in the kids playroom and I keep thinking that anyone working in a gym should look fit so it keeps me focused.
    I have not sought friends or support because I'm too busy to keep track of food & exercise let alone read up comments etc but I realize support will be a good thing. I'm always encouraging others so why not share and comment too?
    Good luck to you and remember that things become habit with repetition but don't beat yourself up for not keeping an accurate and perfect food and exercise diary. Take a minute and put in as much as you can for that minute. Even a small amount of information can make a mountain of difference.
  • Martusia919
    Martusia919 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :)
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Marta! I'm in Chicago too! You can add me on as a friend if you want. We can help keep tabs on each others food diary.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It gets easier to track. Use the barcode scanner if applicable, and use meals and recipes to make it easier. Set the default list to show "frequent" rather than "recent" and remember you can switch between frequent and recent, plus all meals vs the selected meal. Once you get these into your head it simplifies it a lot, but you still need to do it, especially when your mind says "I can't be bothered"