Finally ready

Options
Hi everyone! I'm new here - today is my 3rd day - and so far so good. I've set some goals for myself - overall I want to lose roughly 65-70lbs and be back at my happy weight. I started out with MFP's recommended setting of losing 1lb per week. I'm interested in getting some suggestions of when to change that so I can lose 2 lbs per week - please help! I want to have lost 50 lbs by Nov. 6th and I can do it if I lose 2 per week. I'm looking for any and all suggestions/encouragement you might have for me! Thanks :)

Replies

• lrobs1986
    lrobs1986 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!! you can do it!!! I've been on here for almost 3 weeks now, counting my cal has been a real eye opener for me!!!
  • livingnow28
    livingnow28 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hi Kay, first, welcome. Second, the biggest thing, is be honest with yourself and record EVERYTHING you eat in the diary. Every time you have a snack, add it. Every time you have a glass of water, add it! Even if you don't change eating habits immediately, within a couple days you'll see right where you need to change things. If you absolutely have to have a certain food, and it's not a good choice, see if there is an alternative, like a whole grain, or lower fat/calorie version. If you have a craving for something bad, drink a glass of water, wait 10 minutes, and distract yourself with something active, listening to music, dancing, mini-workouts etc, not reading, or watching tv though, they are sedentary. Exercise. even if it's just a brisk walk for 30 minutes. Then record it in the exercise diary. Drink a glass of water before every meal, you'll fill up faster and won't eat as much. You are your biggest cheering section, so look here when your biggest cheering section is feeling a bit lazy. There's TONS of support here, make lots of friends, they are all going to help you through and give you lots of encouragement. If you need advise about your food choices, don't be ashamed to share your diary with your friends. OH, and did I mention lots of water?!! :) Again, welcome, you'll do great!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi:smile:

I know they don't recommend 2lbs a week, but that's what I aim for!:wink: And have had good results so far. I changed my goals quite early on. I think it's up to you when you do it really. Not much help really am I?!!

Good luck anyway. Feel free to add me if you like.

S :flowerforyou:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs a week for 7 months by doing 2 spin classes a week with no dieting (6 years ago). This year I have lost 20 lbswith doing 2 spin classes plus some strength training. What am I saying? Diet is great, but exercise is what will get you there in my belief. Just remember with exercise you get out what you put in. I was burning 700 calories in each spin class and who knows how many more afterwards.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here! Add me if you'd like!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Welcome!! I've been doing this for a couple weeks now, and I've been having some great progress! This site really is great. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some extra support!
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Your goal may be a little ambitious but obviously it's possible. It will take lots of exercise and eating right and yes, lots of water!!!! The closer you get to your goal, the less weight you will be able to lose per week but at that point, boost the exercise!! (especially cardio, cardio shows on the scale). Good luck!!!:smile:
  • QUICKENSU
    QUICKENSU Posts: 3
    Options
    I just joined this MFP. I saw a show in Feb about a guy who lost 115 lbs in 8 months. I thought to myself, myself you surely can loose 20 by the end of the year. I have lost 12 lbs to date. Now I am tracking what I put in and it really does help you become aware of everything. Good luck to you in meeting your goals, take 1 day at a time and keep your goal in mind. :huh: