Lose leg fat but keep my butt?

Options
Recently, I have removed a lot of fat from my midsection and have gained a lot of muscle in my thighs. I want to lose some more weight, though, and as I do that I'm scared I might lose my butt. I do have a pear shaped body so it is natural for my body fat to be like this but I don't want to lose anything from my butt. Do you have any exercises to help me with this & what cardio would be the best for maintaining my butt? Thanks !

Replies

• glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Squats.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    and squats :)
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    and more squats :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    You can't dictate where fat is lost. If you're predisposed genetically to having more fat on your lower body, then that's where you'll lose it last. But at the same time you can't use exercise or cardio to TARGET any part of the body to lose fat. Doing exercise will help with the muscle underneath the fat, but won't necessarily mean that you'll retain the same shape as it is now while weight loss continues.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I used to be pear shaped, I am more of an avocado now, but I can say whether I am a size 5 or 16, I have my butt! It does shrink but never goes flat!
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Also Squats!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, but I know I can't choose where the fat is going to come off.

I just squat and hope for the best.