Searching for Fellow Hikers

Options
lika50
lika50 Posts: 140 Member
Hello! Just looking to acquire some MFP friends who love to hike! It's my goal to thru-hike the PCT someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) and would love to connect with souls who love the trail as much as I do. Motivation from like-minded people can be so helpful on this weight loss journey! :)

(And this is a repost... Just not sure if there is a specific hiking group on MFP?)

Replies

• OldChief14
    OldChief14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hayduke Lives! You have great plans...envious. I'm section hiking the Arizona Trail now which is easy since I live in Tucson, and want to give up the rat-race so I can follow in your footsteps. I hope to wear the Triple Crown before I can't walk anymore. Not aware of any hiker-centric groups here, but if you get a good response maybe we could start one?!
  • arizonahiker
    arizonahiker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I too kike the Arizona trails, well squaw peak, camelback, thunderbird, etc.. Yea lets start this group.
  • arizonahiker
    arizonahiker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hike not Kike sorry got too excited :)
  • lika50
    Options
    A good hiking group sounds great!
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OldChief14 wrote: »
    Hayduke Lives!

Hah. Starting a subversive hiking group, are you? Unfortunately I'm too far away. :smile:

• n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love hiking, I live near the Appalachian Trail near Roanoke VA. I have section hiked in several states and try to use most of my vacations for hiking. My favorite hike is McAfee Knob on the AT. I live 10 miles from this trail and get there once a week when weather permits. I usually hike alone and it is safe there. Another section of the AT that is even closer is Dragons Tooth. Both of these are famous on the AT and I am fortunate to be near both. I have fantasized about thru hiking the AT and read about the PCT. Never too late to accomplish a dream, hope you get to pursue yours. And I would enjoy a hiking group.
  • lika50
    Options
    Love hiking, I live near the Appalachian Trail near Roanoke VA. I have section hiked in several states and try to use most of my vacations for hiking. My favorite hike is McAfee Knob on the AT. I live 10 miles from this trail and get there once a week when weather permits. I usually hike alone and it is safe there. Another section of the AT that is even closer is Dragons Tooth. Both of these are famous on the AT and I am fortunate to be near both. I have fantasized about thru hiking the AT and read about the PCT. Never too late to accomplish a dream, hope you get to pursue yours. And I would enjoy a hiking group.

Sounds like you get to do some amazing hikes! :D