Creatine

Options
Looking for a good pre-workout that does not contain creatine? Any ideas?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    black coffee
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Why, is creatine bad for you? Honest question. Everything I have read says it is beneficial.

Although, I do know they periodically test for it at the high school and you are banned if caught taking it. I found that interesting.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    who said it was bad? a wrestler trying to cut weight for a weigh in or a person wanting to get slimmed for a photo shoot is not going to want creatine in the days before the event as it can cause water retention. Creatine is not bad but not everyone wants it in their regimen
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Banana?
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Coffee. And a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Pre-workout, pre-run, pre-cycle ride. If I have more time, porridge and banana, but if I'm up and out, the quick fix of coffee and peanut butter/banana on whatever bread floats your boat.
  • carlosjenno
    Options
    Always save the protein shake and creatine for post-workout/run/ride recovery/replenishment.
  • carlosjenno
    Options
    Unless I run really late, then I avoid the creatine for fear of night-time cramp.
  • 454mikey990
    Options
    I do oatmeal with whey protein and psylium husk powder. Can't do creatine, gives me muscle cramps.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Always save the protein shake and creatine for post-workout/run/ride recovery/replenishment.

Why do you believe this?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Most pre-workouts are just stimulants. If you feel you need one grab some really strong coffee with some sugar for energy but I've never seen a real need for one myself.
  • jasonatkins549
    jasonatkins549 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love creatine. I have used it for a long time. However, I'm a fat body and don't need the water weight.
  • carlosjenno
    Options

Why do you believe this?

Standard practice. Plenty of evidence to back it up.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    ksy1969 wrote: »
    Why, is creatine bad for you? Honest question. Everything I have read says it is beneficial.

Although, I do know they periodically test for it at the high school and you are banned if caught taking it. I found that interesting.

Its not bad for you, but for some it has some side effects. For me it made me nauseous and light headed during my work out. I eliminated the creatine and those side effects went away.

I use Neon Volt as my preworkout and it has no creatine in it.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Why do you believe this?

Standard practice. Plenty of evidence to back it up.

LOL no. Timing if protein is irrelevant, and if you think creatine timing is relevant then you have no idea how creatine works.
  • carlosjenno
    Options
    Thanks for the admonishment. I'll be going now.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Creatine occurs naturally in all meats and some other animal products as well, and your body will synthesize it if you aren't getting enough of it with you food. How on earth would they be able to test for something like this?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Lots of misconceptions on Creatine up in here...

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »

Creatine occurs naturally in all meats and some other animal products as well, and your body will synthesize it if you aren't getting enough of it with you food. How on earth would they be able to test for something like this?
    Agreed.

I think he meant to say cocaine.
  • jasonatkins549
    jasonatkins549 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots of misconceptions on Creatine up in here...

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

great article.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

skeptical_hippo.jpg