Just joined Monday

Options
Looking for ideas to try to get my body into buring calories. I have been eating around 1200 calories per day and working out 4 days week doing cardio for 60 min and not seeing any results. HELP

Replies

• chaugberg
    chaugberg Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sounds like you are not eating enough. You need to have a net calorie total of 1200. If you are only eating 1200 and burning a large portion of that off during your workouts you are getting very many calories per day. Your body basically goes into panic mode and tells your metabolism to shut down.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Are you only eating 1200 and exercising or are you eating 1200 plus your exercise calories? You need to net 1200 calories. Eating below 1200 calories will stall your weight loss. For example...if you eat 1200 and with exercise you burn 400 that is a net of 800, so then you need to eat back an additional 400 calories. If your exercise gets to be 600, 700+ calories make sure you eat back at least a good portion of your exercise calories. Not eating enough calories a day will make your body hold on to everything you take in and slow your metabolism.
  • skinneyamy0211
    Options
    I talked to a trainer and they said to eat 1600 calories cause i am buring 400-500 in the work outs but i did that for a month also and still nothing.