Has anyone ever changed their number after a break up

Options
Telton66
Telton66 Posts: 74
edited December 2014 in Chit-Chat
I just did for piece of mind so the other person cant contact me but I now feel sad :(.I know I made the right decision though because I know if he contacts me I will be weak and caved in .We were on and off for few years and I feel like its the time to stop the cycle :(

Replies

• Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    prob a great idea if you were wanting a clean break!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Best thing you could have done.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Now go shopping for something better.
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I have, and it really was the best thing to do.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    No, because that would be a major pain in the *kitten* for me. I've blocked though - blocked phone number, FB and anything else that would let me block.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    With the ease of blocking a number, it wouldn't make sense to completely disrupt my own life to change my number so some rando can't call me.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've done it. I tried blocking before but he was calling me from every phone he could find under the sun and I just got tired of it.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've actually been on both sides of that. I typically block 'cause it's a PITA to change my number. Every time they'd call from a different # I'd just block that one until they stopped trying.

I had a guy break things off with me a while back. We hadn't been seeing each other long so I didn't take it seriously, had no idea he changed his number after. I got a random text a few weeks later from a # I didn't know telling me how they missed me & didn't want to be without me & blahblahblah. Yep...number changing guy. He owns a gym & has a regular job so if I had really wanted to talk to him I could have called either of those places. We're together now so even though I thought it was weird to go to that trouble it worked out ok.
  • CarolinaAcorn
    CarolinaAcorn Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have and it was the best decision I could have made.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Even a mediocre stalker can easily find out your new number.