Leaving snacks at work

Options

Replies

• blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a big jar of mixed unsalted nuts, pepitas, some roasted beet chips, pork rinds (best low carb snack), a jar of peanut butter on the top of my desk (it is behind me so I don't look at it all day but if I am hungry it is on hand), and some smoked oysters, popcorn, plantain chips, protein powder, and chocolate (for emergencies lol) in my drawer. I used to be a snacker but only if it is right in front of me, since it is behind me I don't really even remember it is there and can only grab something from my stash if I am really starving or can grab a piece of the chocolate if I am having a craving I want to stop.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I keep 70% dark chocolate at my desk to keep the sugar craving at bay. It keeps me away form the cookie this time of year.
    I also keep dried cranberries and 100cal packs of nuts like almond and walnuts.
    I pack extra fresh fruit in my lunch each day. I sit it out on my desk to remind me I have a healthy snack if I need it.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Nuts, chips, pretzels, tuna salad to-go packs, popcorn, peanut butter, dried fruit, applesauce cups, soup, fruit cups
  • laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a mini refrigerator under my desk and I keep yogurt, light baby bell cheese, sandwich meat (although its high in sodium) hummas and spinach dip in there most of the time. When I get fresh fruit on sale I keep berries in the freezer section for a sweet snack.

In my cabinet I have popcorn, pretzel crisp, low fat granola, lightly salted almonds, Iced tea and green tea K-cups.

Now that I've done inventory of my desk I feel like I have a REAL snacking problem. lol
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I keep a bowl filled with fruit on my desk. Right now it is filled with Apples, Pears, Oranges, and Avocados. Depending on how ripe they are when I put them in the bowl, some can last 1-2 weeks. I also share it with others if they want some.

In the office fridge, I keep celery, carrots, grapes, eggs. I also share these with others.

I will also keep canned chicken, jerky, protein bars, raw almonds, etc. in my desk drawer. I do not share these unless someone specifically asks.

Our work provides drinks (soda, coffee, tea, juice), chips, roasted/salted almonds, cookies, crackers, oatmeal, etc. for free. I bring my own stuff so I have a healthier choices and not as tempted with the unhealthy stuff.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle of unsweetened cashew butter and a bag of almonds in my desk drawer, and a bag of some nuts online fruit/nut type chews/to small to be bars... I very irregularly bring in fruit, or a dessert (for sweet-tooth moments)... my cravings are usually more salt based than sugar.
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bring overnight oats every morning (make them while I make breakfast) and I eat them a few hours after lunch. :) We have fruit at work, so sometimes I eat an apple or a banana.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I leave a bag of carrots with some lite ranch, oatmeal, a couple soup to gos, yogurt, and cottage cheese.
  • KJoubert1966
    Options
    Yogurt, beef jerky, canned pineapple, raw almonds... these are my snack stash. I keep some canned tuna and soup on hand too.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    yogurt, string cheese, carrots, grape tomatoes, cereal bars, apple chips, trail mix, canned fruit, raisins, weight watchers chocolate creme cakes
  • elliesmommfp
    elliesmommfp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I take Quaker strawberry yogurt granola bars and fiber one fruit snacks. I also like the quaker single serve cups of oatmeal.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    In my desk, 85 g canned tuna and instant oatmeal packets. In the fridge, individually packaged 20 g cheeses and whole fresh fruits. There are good grocery stores close to work so I buy about a week's worth of fruit and cheese and store it inside a large lunch bag in the communal fridge. People seem to think that visible food is free to take but food inside a lunch bag is off limits. There is also a huge selection of fast food close to work, but if I exert myself once to buy the tuna and fruit and cheese, then I'm free to be too cheap and lazy to go out and buy lunch.
  • midnight419
    midnight419 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I always have the following: fruit, nuts, seeds, trail mix, granola, and rice cakes.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Mini ziptop tuna cans (Thai Chili is my fave), 100g individual tubs of Greek yogourt, Laughing Cow Cheese wedges, Mary's Organic GF Crackers, regular popcorn kernels which can be put in a folded over plain brown lunch bag and nuked for fresh hot popcorn. A carton of grape tomatoes, walnuts or macadamia nuts (higher fat to carb ratio than almonds). I used to leave a whole fridge full of food at work and also kept it in a twist tied plastic grocery bag so no one thought it was free for the taking.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    rice cakes, flavored vacuum sealed tuna, canned fruit, fresh fruit, nuts. if you have a fridge- cheese, greek yogurt, chocolate soy milk
  • SaraPJones
    SaraPJones Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bought this morning: KIND bars (apricot almond), Clif Bars (really more breakfast than snack), Emerald 100-cal Almond packs, Barney Butter 90-cal almond butter snack packs, apples, Fage 2% yogurt, and Chobani coconut (for when the whole world has gone to hell). I eat pretty much constantly at my desk, so I try to find low-cal things I can munch slowly that will help my dismal protein percentage.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I take alot of snacks in with me like yoghurts, fruits, even pickled onions lol. I leave some hot chocolate sachets at work in my drawer.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Nuts/seeds
    Nut butters
    Precut veggies
    Apples
    Oranges
    Raspberries
    Blueberries
    Blackberries
    Bananas
    Cheese sticks
    Hummus
    Deli meat rollups
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Protein bars
    Beef jerky
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate, Hard Candy, Mixed Nuts, Gum. I'd pop popcorn, but that is second only to fish in starting a kitchen war.