Good morning! A Brief Intro..

Options
I've never actually introduced myself or checked out this message board till this weekend but i've been on here a few times over the last few years. I'm 38, a mom and wife, I work with families and love the outdoors. On here to document what i'm eating to help me deal with some health issues i'm having and figure out what it is that I should be eating. Just wondering if anyone out there is dealing with some of the same health issues?
-Food Allergies,
-IBS like symptoms,
-PCO
-Diabetes

Replies

• laura2813
    laura2813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! I can't say that I have food allergies but have never been to the dr to get it checked out. I do have issues with dairy and have had IBS like symptoms (runs in the family). I have noticed since I've been eating healthier the IBS symptoms have been better.
    I'm a 48 year old with three kids...two that have left home and my son (11 yr old) who lives across town with his dad. I'm always on the go either doing something with my husband and son or just out getting into trouble (lol). I decided over a year ago to start eating healthier and then tried MFP. Not long after joining I started feeling really worn out and after numerous dr appointments and lots of blood work and test they couldn't find anything more than a vitamin D deficiency. Hummm... Well I'm back and feeling a little better but stull struggle with the energy levels to get motivated to work out.
    Anyway... good luck and feel free to friend me.
    Laura
  • ScullyChick
    ScullyChick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story with me. If you ask me.. I think it's all the pesticides, antibiotics and hormones and what ever else they add to our food that causes our system to become so messed up! I have allergies to.. or have IBS symptoms when I eat "healthy foods" lol.. If I have a hamburger and fries I feel great! WTF is that? lol glad you're feeling better and good luck on your quest to eating healthier.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I'm glad you introduced yourself! Have you met with a registered dietitian to help you figure out the best eating plan that takes into account your health concerns? ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • ScullyChick
    Options
    Yes, dietitian and diabetes nurse.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Has meeting with the dietitian and the nurse given you helpful ideas on what to eat? Combining guidelines for PCOS and diabetes with IBS and food allergies can seem daunting. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • ScullyChick
    Options
    not as much as I'd like.. I've been figuring things out slowly.