Can't let Christmas Weigh Us Down!!!

Options
gatrjeny
gatrjeny Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I'm looking for a group of MFP'ers that want to stay motivated and hold each other accountable through this holiday season. For my health, I can't afford to let the guard down and go back to where I've been these last 8 months. Who's with me?!

My December weight loss goal is 10 lbs. Down 4 as of Sunday AM. 6 to go. 3 more by Christmas. 3 more by New Years. I WILL lose 10 by New Years!

What are your December goals?

Replies

• CharleneMarie723
    CharleneMarie723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is to just continue on my journey. Tonight was Christmas Eve for me, and after dinner, I'm only at 1200 calories. I will go over my allowance of 1390 because of dessert, but today is the ONLY "cheat day" I will have. Today was a good workout, and tomorrow will bring one too. I allowed myself to be -1lb this week vs -2lbs. We'll see what the scale says.
  • gatrjeny
    gatrjeny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You should be celebrating your success for sure! Being able to survive "Christmas Eve" with a minor calorie overage, I'd say that's a definite success!! Rooting for you and for what the scale says -- crossing fingers for good news! :)
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I only allow myself one cheat day a month and I already had mine as my hubby surprised me with concert tickets and dinner. Since I *never* get time away from the kids, I decided to live it up while I could. Xmas will be tricky. I already have my lovely Mother breathing down my neck with the, "It's only one day a year! Eating a little ham and apple pie won't kill you! Show some Christmas spirit!" lines. I am planning on bringing my food scale and I know that's going to get me some snide remarks but I really need to stay on target. I'm bringing a skinny eggnog cake and a veggie side dish to eat with the ham she's preparing. I only have 1200 daily calories to work with but I am going to try and stick to them. I won't let myself go over maintenance calories no matter what. Best of luck to you!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I do not celebrate Christmas and our families do not have a practice of spending money on presents -- we spend on music, travel, exercise equipment, . . . Oh, yeah, and maybe some new smaller clothes for me :-)
    I am thankful that Christmas is a day of rest and (some) exercise.