I'm new .. I'm here.. and I am in need of some major inspira

Options
I just realized how lost I let myself get... I went looking for my profile picture and none of them represented who I was anymore. It has been 2 years and I managed to let myself gain 50 pounds.. Yeah,, 50lbs. Yikes. But what is worse is that I don't feel like that girl anymore. Sure, I have a line of excuses I can allow myself and lot's has happened. But I loved how I felt when I took care of myself. I felt illuminated with strength , energy, optimism and most of all... I saw beauty everywhere. Especially when I saw myself. So not to sound all vain... cause it never was about the way people perceived me. It was about how I saw myself. I knew I was strong and I cared about my body, my mind and spirit. So what happened!!!!!! Now I need to go in search of motivation which landed me here. Crossing my fingers and hoping for new friends.... maybe a bit heavier but still optimistic lol :laugh:
pink_lilly

Replies

• soon2blollar
    Options
    I can completely relate to your post as I'm in the same exact place. I just started (seriously) using this site yesterday. Feel free to add me as I could use the motivation also. Good luck on your journey back to health =)
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. It's a great website and you will make friends quickly! (add me if you wish)

I suggest you go check out the Success Story's and you will get lots of inspiration there!
  • jebfab2612
    jebfab2612 Posts: 44
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck in your journey. Friend me if you want support.
  • Anastasia7777
    Anastasia7777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I soooooo hear you and I am exactly where you are - 50 lbs up and I don't know how I let it happen. I was full of live, cute as a button and kept in great shape.

Now, I don't even look at mirrors anymore and hate being in pictures.

I would love to go on this journey with you....
  • pink_lilly
    pink_lilly Posts: 5
    Options
    was that an invitation I heard??? You are so on :happy: I will be happy to have u by my side,, the more the better ,,, after having people ask u things like,,, did u workout today? make u wanna work out hahaha...
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of support here. I believe it's about how you feel about yourself too. Physical health leads to mental health. At least you are willing to look at yourself and do the work. It took 2 years to get to where you are, and it will not be an overnight change, but you are in the right path. Welcome to MFP.
  • pink_lilly
    Options
    Absolutely!! It was when I realized that I feel drained and my mind and spirit was suffering for it that I knew I had to get back on track.... It was like that fighting spirit of mine was in there but I was keeping her submerged... plus, depression runs in my family so it is always a concern in the back of my mind...
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar. I saw pictures of me from last summer and around Thanksgiving and my first thought was, "WOW, that's me? That's what I look like?" My perception of the mirror's reflection was not as disturbing as a photograph. So, I started eating right with the help of this app on my phone and walking. I've lost 42 pounds in about 4 months (over the holidays too!). I started walking 3-times a week for 20-minutes... then slowly increased it to 3-times for 30-minutes, then 4-times, then 5-times/week. The pounds just started falling off. I'm comfortably wearing clothes that I could not even squeeze into five months ago.

You can do it. Just a little bit every day. Stay the course.
  • pink_lilly
    Options
    oohh pictures...they can be an awful wake up call..... I remember not wanting pictures wheni was thinner and now i think" why didn't i take pictures then ? I was so cute..." hahaha no i hope to get healthy before it is saved in anyone's facebook hahaha