PROTEIN!

Options
elle18287
elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
Ok lets make a list:
High Protein, low-carb, low-fat foods. No carb/No fat even better!
Go!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt (plain), Low-fat cottage cheese. Egg whites.
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bump, would love to see everyone's responses!!
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    homemade roast turkey breast is my FAVORITE for a quick protein with low fat and no carbs
  • pattyisinaz
    pattyisinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hummus! :o)
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If you're eating very low carbs, you should really eat some fat.

Eggs/Cheese/Poultry/Meats
  • Raine7
    Raine7 Posts: 19
    Options
    LOW CARB carrot cake yogurt
    :wink:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Lean meat
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fat helps your body absorb important vitamins and minerals. Also fat doesn't make you fat un-used carbs and calories do. :)
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I make a salad of grilled veg fed chicken breast, baby bella mushrooms and red wine vinegar on spinach... 30 grams of protein 6 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fat and only 174 calories.
  • kerenf
    kerenf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    chilli made with low fat meat and different beans! :)

toppings could be fat free sourcream, low fat cheddar! :)

all high protein low fat low carb!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    FF cottage cheese is prolly the top of the list.
    Love some eggs. Egg whites if you have the money and are watching your cals strictly.
  • legend1973
    legend1973 Posts: 83
    Options
    Don't be silly, you need carbs too! Carbs are energy! You need a healthy spit, 40% Carbs, 40% Protein, 20% Fats. This builds and maintains your muscle. MFP sets your carbs high to give you energy to workout, cardio, etc. If you are not doing that then yes its hard to lose weight. Balance this and you will do great! Since adding protein and reducing my carbs, I have added muscle and lost fat stores, plus lost 10lbs in the last 6 weeks! Go get em!!!
  • marigolds1
    marigolds1 Posts: 25
    Options
    And tuna canned in water. (And my favorite indulgence: FF greek yogurt + some vanilla whey powder. I don't usually eat artificial sweeteners, and this is totally not whole and unprocessed, but when you need something sweet that falls in your macros, it's great.)
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    FF cottage cheese is prolly the top of the list.
    Love some eggs. Egg whites if you have the money and are watching your cals strictly.

Just an FYI the "All whites" you buy in the carton are pretty good.. Never been a fan of eggs in a carton but the ingredient list is literalllly 100% egg whites..that is it. I add a 1/4 to 1/2 cup to 2 whole eggs and add my other ingredients for a morning scramble. Its 5.00 a carton that will last you all week.
  • lulusmom
    lulusmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Edamame
    Bean salad
    Grilled chicken and veggies
    Egg white veggie omlet
  • elle18287
    Options
    I eat plenty of fat and carbs. I just need to eat more protien because I work out a good amount. So I am looking for snacks with protein. I all ready get all my fat and carbs each day. I know what I need to eat :)
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Low and no carb diets over long term hurt your kidneys. Don't do it.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No saturated fat is good, but you SHOULD eat polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats!!! A "low fat" diet is not really good for you. You need to include beneficial fats and cut out saturated fat :flowerforyou:

Just putting my 2 cents in
  • elle18287
    Options
    Look! I am not doing a low fat diet. I eat all my fat every day! My fat is set higher than MFP suggests! I eat my carbs too. I usually go over! I eat about 150 carbs a day (this is more than enough)! Sorry to be rude, but how about you all participate in the post and not telling me what I should and should not eat. I am doing awesome.... and eating exactly what I should be!