HELP PLEASE ( warning might be tmi)

lotty1987
lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hiya guys

really need help - woke up this morning with diahrroea bt felt fine in myself so took some imodium and went to work - i then had a 'normal' ish poo after work then iv done an hour of exercise and iv got diahrroea again ...... I have IBS .... im wondering if it is a reaction of coming off the holiday diet or IBS or i may have a bug ?????

Any help would be fantastic .... thanks in advance

Replies

• macnatty24
    macnatty24 Posts: 8
    To be honest, I have always had diarrhea when I'm getting ready to have a really big loss. If you think about, that fat has to go somewhere. Sometimes I can even see fat floating on top of urine in the toilet. Gross, but beneficial. So when I have diarrhea, I am thankful knowing I'm gonna have a loss. I know that sounds stupid, but it's never failed to be true.
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    I had the same thing the other day and a lil nausea too.. I was good after 24 hrs...get plenty of fluids:)
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    I had the same problem! I think mine is from this weekend as I didn't eat all that well. Our bodies get accustom to us eating right and then when we put processed foods into them its send a warning and our bodies try to wash out the toxins and that usually happens with diarhea. Give it a day and see what happens but I think your body is just trying to get rid of the "bad" stuff. Just eat right and eat fiber but not a whole lot of it or it will end up binding you up. Hope that helps!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    WOW, i never even thought about it before, but i have to say that it has to be losing... Plus though i think what you eat factors into it. I make a dish that has greeen, red peppers tomatoes and onions and i usually had some chicken into it, and that normally makes my stool looser the next day.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Could be a number of things, I have IBS too so it can usually just be that - and like the other poster beforehand said - I tend to have alot of movement before a weight loss, BUT Funny relevance here.

I had exactly what you are describing last week, and 2 days after that I got slammed with a big cold/flu. I was immobile for a day and a half and still now recovering. For me the big 'D" was the first step into a week long of nausea, indigestion, headache, Allergy-like symptoms.. Oi. BUT I am feeling almost 100% now. FYI to all those who get sick.. Working through it really isn't advised.. as I learned the hard way twice. Lmao.

But yeah, I would go with numero 1. Just another side of IBS

2, Big # loss. HOPEFULLY, not #3 sick.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Exercise is a natural laxative, so if you are already having issues with diarrhea, I would recommend the immodium before you exercise to help prevent a recurrence.
  • I have experienced this after an increase of caloric intake over the weekend. It is never fun to start out the work week with "the trots" but I agree with alynnbennett....your body has to get rid of that stuff its not use to. Hope it's not the flu bug! :sick:
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    To be honest, I have always had diarrhea when I'm getting ready to have a really big loss. If you think about, that fat has to go somewhere. Sometimes I can even see fat floating on top of urine in the toilet. Gross, but beneficial. So when I have diarrhea, I am thankful knowing I'm gonna have a loss. I know that sounds stupid, but it's never failed to be true.

This is an inaccurate assumption. When we lose weight, we aren't losing clumps of fat cells, per se, so what you are seeing in the toilet is not an oil slick from burned up fat. Here is an explanation of what happens when we lose fat:

"Body fat breaks down during a series of complex metabolic processes.

When you burn more calories than you consume, your body uses fat (triglycerides) for energy. This causes your fat cells to shrink. In turn, triglycerides are broken down into two different substances — glycerol and fatty acids — which are absorbed into your liver, kidneys and muscle tissue. From there, the glycerol and fatty acids are further broken down by chemical processes that ultimately produce energy for your body.

These activities generate heat, which helps maintain your body temperature. The resulting waste products — water and carbon dioxide — are excreted in urine and sweat or exhaled from your lungs. "

So you see, the only waste produced by burning fat and showing up in the toilet is water. Fat blockers will produce an oil slick in the toilet, but that fat is the fat you consumed and didn't metabolize, not fat that was part of your body and burned off.
This discussion has been closed.