Another Newbie, into the Jaws of the Beast!

Options
Greetings one and all, my online name I typically go by is Dymetreus. However you can call me Bud, one of my nicknames I go by in real life.

Overall, I imagine I'm nothing too unique here. I'm a person seeking the path of weight loss for health benefits, and curiosity. I'm a /very/ picky eater, honestly I fit decently well into the PC Gamer stereotype. I eat loads of pizza, pop, and anything that has a label which basically says, "Calories? That's just another way of saying our food is more awesome then the others!"

While I can go without pop, (or known as soda in some states and perhaps countries) however I'm a firm lover of pizza. I'm not really sure if I'm willing to throw in the towel, despite knowing how many calories it gives you in each bite. (not literally, of course!)

If you have any ideas for alternatives, or methods to deal with the calorie intake, I'm all ears! Just as a side note; since I'm a PC Gamer, that means I sit down for most of the day.

It's an absolute pleasure to be apart of this website.

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi Bud. Welcome and good luck on your journey.

You can make your own pizza fairly easily and it will be lower in calories by far.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Bud and welcome
    I make my own pizza I make them on English muffins there very good
  • shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a gamer too brother. For me it took a total break from what I lusted after (food wise) and a massive *kitten* kicking in my head to shake off the complacency.

You can do it.
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck!
  • Kofuko_Kytlyn
    Options
    Hey bud, I'm a gamer too and I know the love of pizza! In fact, one of my friends worked at pizza hut and always brought pizza over! This site really helps with tracking those calories though, plus, there are a ton of healthier pizzas you can make at home as well! :)
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Bud! Welcome to MFP! Pizza is pretty easy to make yourself and you'll save a bunch of calories! I had to check out your profile to see where you're from...you say pop instead of soda!! lol Iowa...not surprised! I'm originally from northern Minnesota and we're pop people too! Now I'm in Colorado and people look at me funny when I say pop. Good luck on your journey...it'll be fun and so worth it!! :)
  • SCR2015
    Options
    Hello. I'm Sarah. I'm just getting back into the healthy living lifestyle. I'd love to support you! Feel free to send me a friend request.

As for the pizza..I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! What I have found to be a little better is to make your own personal sized pizza. If it is a personal size-you can't keep going back for more. Also, add more veggies than anything else. I like to make smaller pizzas and eat it with a salad or some chopped up raw veggies so you're not relying on just the pizza to satisfy you, but you still get the pizza to help your craving. (Hope this helps!!)
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Invest in a food scale and weigh your pizza to a serving size so you're aware of EXACTLY how many calories you're eating. this way you still get to enjoy pizza but being aware can help cut calories