pleased.

Options
So, I consider this a success....

I was out with some friends the other night and I started talking to this guy whom I haven't seen in a year or so and in our little chat, he asked me what my major was. I delightfully replied that I was a vocal performance major with an operatic emphasis (it sounds WAY cooler and harder than it is) and he said to me "aren't opera singers fat? you're too skinny to be an opera singer!"

I gave the guy a hug and trotted away content with myself knowing that those 32lbs will never be back.

Replies

• LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I was out with some friends the other night and I started talking to this guy whom I haven't seen in a year or so and in our little chat, he asked me what my major was. I delightfully replied that I was a vocal performance major with an operatic emphasis (it sounds WAY cooler and harder than it is) and he said to me "aren't opera singers fat? you're too skinny to be an opera singer!"

I gave the guy a hug and trotted away content with myself knowing that those 32lbs will never be back.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Awww. Yay! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Haha awesome, great job!

I was a Music Therapy major back as a Freshmen, and voice was my 'instrument'. I had a really tough time balancing practice with working out...partially because I hated practicing LOL. I was just plain bad at piano. And guitar. And music theory. :blushing: I do miss singing though, performance will always have a special place in my heart :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I was a music major too! lol. Wanted to go into education. My wife was too. Now I'm in retail store operations lol. Alot of former music majors out there. Performance is still a huge part of my life to. In fact my wife and I were aquantences in high school and went our own ways when we graduated. 6 years later we fell in love at the Kareoke bar. I've still got it ;)

Congrats on the momment of afirmation. It's always nice to se hard work pay off. I think we are all starting to realize that the amazing people we are inside deserve a fit and healthy body to match.

Spending time reading all your posts of encouragement and hearing your stories and seeing successes and struggles has shown me a whole bunch of amazing people that in the spritual sence, are the most healthy fit people I have come accross in a while. :bigsmile:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Haha awesome, great job!

I was a Music Therapy major back as a Freshmen, and voice was my 'instrument'. I had a really tough time balancing practice with working out...partially because I hated practicing LOL. I was just plain bad at piano. And guitar. And music theory. :blushing: I do miss singing though, performance will always have a special place in my heart :heart:

I hate practicing too!!!! ugh....and yes, piano and theory are still haunting me. It's miserable! haha,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!