Work Limitations

Options
Lets see if you all can help. I work full time at a prison. I am restricted on what I can bring in. No fluids that is not factory seal. I try to bring in healthy food but it is not always easy. The only heating souse I can use is a microwave. I work a 12hr strait and little to no time to eat. I think my problems is I do not eat rite while I am at work, So I am very hungry on my way home from work. Any ideas on what I can do to simplify a meal and still lose weight?

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything in what you said that would prevent you from eating a good healthy meal.
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You stated that you can't bring in non factory sealed fluids. Are you allowed to bring in home made food? I'd be interested to see what your daily consumption looks like at work. Also what do you do at the prison? sit by the cameras all day, patrol the corridors (I have no idea how prisons are run...probably a good thing), Stand in one place all day? Please go into more detail.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Can you go out to eat ... To take a walk ...get food you've left in your car

Can you bring in your own food to eat?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Most of what I pack you could do. I only ever use the microwave for my lunches here at the office. I suggest a snack in your glove box to have right after work to prevent the hungries.

I find Premier Protein shakes (factory sealed) available here from Costco to be great in a pinch.

Snacks include crackers, hummus, cheese, single serve yogurt packs, protein bars cut in half, nuts and pretzels, fruit, cucumber slices, laughing cow light wedges, and edamame seed pods. All portable and not requiring refrigeration.

I typically pack up leftovers from the night before for lunch.
  • projecthotbel
    projecthotbel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What are you bringing in for lunch currently?
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband is a truck driver and though he doesn't have the restrictions you do, truck stops don't have the healthiest food. He keeps a cooler full of fruit and veggies he can snack on. Also, he keeps bags of nonperishable healthy snacks in his truck. He uses the microwaves at truck stops to "cook" his meals and he eats great!! So maybe see about keeping a cooler in your car. Surely they can't keep you from going to your car. Hope this helps!!
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Where there's a will.... there's a way.

Mark
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    my advice is to look at what you do have so you have a microwave so research healthy microwave meals, bottled water is factory sealed so that's ok. you could take micro porridge with milk? a bottle of sealed milk sachet of micro porridge should be easy. cous cous only needs boiled water added and then you could throw in some chopped tomatoes ham or whatever you like. fruit and nuts great snacks hope this helps. I do options hot chocolate in microwave 38 cals nice sweet treat and not calorie heavy.