30 day shred and GYM???

Options
I started the 30 day shred friday i had to take two days off because i couldnt move. so i did it again last night. Tonight i wanted to go to the gym, but do the video when i got home.. GOOD IDEA or BAD?? I plan on doing just 30 mins of cardio at the gym...

Replies

• ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    sounds like a good idea.

just make sure you eat enough calories to support both workouts.

GOOD LUCK! :drinker:
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Good Point i didnt even think of that!!!
  • elainio
    elainio Posts: 77
    Options
    Go for it! while I was doing the 30 Day shred I went to body attack, body combat and step on my usual 5 days and was still good to do the Shred!!

Good luck, I love the work out and still do the level 3 one regularly :)
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    That's what I do. I go to the gym for 1 hour then do the shred when I get home and I am done for the day. On day 6/Level 1.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 5 Level 2. I do The Shred in the mornings before work and then when I get home in the evenings I usually walk 5 miles. So far it has been fine for me.

Barb
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I do the shred first thing in the morning, then do other stuff later in the day like zumba, swimming or a run. It's fine once you're used to it, so long as you eat, as shaindi said - I'm starving if I don't eat plenty as the shred really gets me going in the morning!
  • meggiemaye
    meggiemaye Posts: 117
    Options
    GOOD LUCK I definitely think you can do it if you put your mind to it...I did the same thing (30DS during the day, gym at night) and I wound up getting burnt out and frustrated and going off both for like two weeks! So be wary and aware of your energy level. :flowerforyou:
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Im doing the level then 20 minutes of cardio at home :)
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've just been doing the shred so far, but started back at the gym last night. I spent an hour on the treadmill. I have to repeat what others have said, be sure to eat. About 30 minutes in I could feel my blood sugar dropping and started feeling weak and shaky. I kept going and ate as soon as I got home. Tonight I'll eat first, then go to the gym.
  • anulle2009
    Options
    Thanks for the pointers. I start get up at 4am as it is, i tried to get outta bed to work out.. ugh.. maybe ill try that tomorrow.!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Some days I'll definitely do both- just make sure you're eating enough to get through your training.

The way I like to look at it is since I do MOSTLY cardio when I"m at the gym, (whether it be stationary bikes, treadmill, or elliptical work) I "Fine Tune" some evenings with one of Jillian's DVDs...to tone up the areas that I just worked some fat/sweat off of.

Works for me! And it's nice to feel some of those little muscles you didn't even know you had working the next day....
  • anulle2009
    Options
    Thats why i want to add in the gym. I hate jumping jacks i really do, i will do them but i hate them, but i feel with the 30 day shred i get a good cardio workout and i kinda feel left sorta like i didnt sweat enough. I am the type of person who needs that sweat to feel good LOL. i sweat with Jillian but not as much as a good gym cardio!!
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    I started back at the gym yesterday. My plans are the Gym then home for the 30 Day Shred. I am on Level 2 Day 5. My muscles have toned up, but I have not lost any inches so far. Thought that I may need to add the gym in there.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I feel I've accomplished something when I start to sweat to. At the gym, the elliptical and the dreaded STAIR-Climber gets me dripping! 20 minutes on the stair-climber at a quick tempo and you will feel really good when you're done!...and a little gross. :-)
  • anulle2009
    Options
    I feel I've accomplished something when I start to sweat to. At the gym, the elliptical and the dreaded STAIR-Climber gets me dripping! 20 minutes on the stair-climber at a quick tempo and you will feel really good when you're done!...and a little gross. :-)

Oh gosh the stair climber really gets my sweating!!!!! oh and soooooo gross LOL