Add me! I'm trying to lose 78+ pounds..

Options
I've been a yo-yo dieter for years. I am now at my heaviest ever (not counting pregnancies, and as of this mornings horrific weigh in I'm just 12 pounds away from the weight I was when I gave birth to my son...over 3 years ago now.)
I weigh 268 and would like to be 190 by the end of August. Once I reach that goal, I hope to set a new long-term goal. I want to find a weight that is happy, healthy, and sustainable. I am 5'7" but 145lbs just is not realistic for me. In high school and college when I was insanely active in sports and such, my lightest and fittest was between 160-170.
For now I'm chasing ONEderland for our Disney trip next September. My profile pic is from our trip in 2013, it's one of the only ones I'm in and I still won't print it. I hated how I looked then. Still do.

Want to be friends? I can definitely use support!

Replies

• PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I would be more than happy to give the support, add me if you would like.
  • meddick92
    Options
    Sure, go ahead and add me too if it'd help!
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • locnlovely
    locnlovely Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I started right around your current weight. I know the struggle of being at your highest pregnancy weight and no longer pregnant. It is not a good feeling.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you can add me too :)
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I'm also gearing towards my Disney vacation that's actually next month. Last time I went was in 2013 and like you dislike every photo I'm in. I was working out, but eating whatever I wanted not realizing w/out a calorie deficit I would lose nothing.

I just started MFP back in November mostly because again like you I was mere lbs. away from my preggo weight and haven't been pregnant for almost 5 years. That was a low point for me and I said no more.
  • neorn1992
    Options
    You can add me too! I am also starting again at a weight that I don't like. I weigh 284 pounds and would eventually like to get under 200 pounds. But I am going to set small goals, my first to get to 275 pounds.
  • cindycarter14
    cindycarter14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am looking to get under 200. My first goal is to get to 275
  • MRS189
    MRS189 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm looking to lose between 70 & 80 to be at my actual goal weight. I really am fighting to get down at least 55 in the first year for our September Mexico vacation. I know the last 20 pounds can be a bit harder so I'm trying to not over promise myself.
  • bldeno
    bldeno Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am just starting out (again...) with the tracking of my food. Thats my biggest problem!! I am 247 and want to get to 160!
  • gingyboomboom
    Options
    Please add me too, I have 70-75 to lose, just starting again.
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Pls add me, I have 60-70 lbs to lose as well! We can motivate each other!
  • librarybill
    Options
    I don't like to be in pictures, either. I'm afraid I'll look back at my daughter's youth and not see myself.

Let's not let that happen.
  • Lucknawi
    Lucknawi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fantastic goal :) You are definitely capable of getting there ;) I am going to add you if you don't mind!
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • oearl20
    oearl20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am also a yo-yo dieter. It takes time and I am on the same page as you and need support. I think with enough motivation, time, dedication, and effort we will make it =). Don't give up on yourself.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Its good to set a goal and put a timeline to it. You can do it.
  • cdh2015
    cdh2015 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR. Anybody feel free to add me as well!