I have 700 cals to spend on dinner...

Options
Please give me some ideas on something I can whip up quickly and easily...or better yet, something I can grab from Publix since I have to stop by there after work anyway.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Protein + veggie + carb......

Not sure what all is available at Publix, but you could get a nice big salad with chicken on it. A pre-made sandwich, etc. At home it doesn't take long to whip up some brown rice with a protein and a veggie (assuming the protein is thawed). 700 calories is a lot to play with.....I usually only have like 500 for dinner.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm down with the bacon! It's not very filling for the amount of calories it costs, which is why I tend to avoid it.
  • thickerella
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Protein + veggie + carb......

Not sure what all is available at Publix, but you could get a nice big salad with chicken on it. A pre-made sandwich, etc. At home it doesn't take long to whip up some brown rice with a protein and a veggie (assuming the protein is thawed). 700 calories is a lot to play with.....I usually only have like 500 for dinner.

700 feels light to me. I prefer to have the bulk of my calories in the evening because it helps me sleep. I am leaving a little off the top so I can have a slice of the banananananana bread I'm making for my coworkers.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Get a sub. I think some Publix stores are taking sub orders online.
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Salad with feta, rotisserie chicken (no skin, white meat), cherry tomatoes, evoo and balsamic vinegar, and a glass of wine!
  • bluepotatoes66
    bluepotatoes66 Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Egg white omelettes with basically whatever you like having in omelettes - I usually put in at least cheese and a veggie. If you have enough calories left over, toast is good with this.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken!
  • thickerella
    Options
    Fried chicken!

I love Publix fried chicken. For 700 calories I might get to eat one breast. Maybe.
  • thickerella
    Options
    Salad with feta, rotisserie chicken (no skin, white meat), cherry tomatoes, evoo and balsamic vinegar, and a glass of wine!

The rotisserie chicken isn't a bad idea. I'll miss the skin, but if I throw it on the salad maybe I won't miss it so much.