80 pounds to lose

Options
Hi Everyone. I joined my fitness pal a couple years ago but didn't stick with it. Now that I have a close friend committed to working out with me and getting fit, I'm back! I have tried many times in the past to lose weight but never stuck with it long enough to see quality results. I'm a food addict. And that's a huge struggle. I eat when I'm happy, sad, bored, depressed, angry, you name it. I've struggled with depression due to my weight recently. I feel like if I drop the weight, it will give me the confidence to improve my relationships and overall quality of life. It wasn't until the end of high school that I started gaining a significant amount of weight. Since then, the pounds have crept up on me and I've reached 240lbs. Looking back, I felt my best almost ten years ago when I was about 160lbs. I know that it will take a lot of hard work but it is a healthy, realistic goal for my 5'8" frame. I'm going to start slow and take baby steps so as not to get overwhelmed. It would be great to meet some people with similar goals, so feel free to send me a friend request and good luck in your journey! -Shawna, cardiocutie24

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hi Shawna! You can do this! Add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • RoxyStarr
    RoxyStarr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi I can relate to you. I joined years ago too, on & off but never stuck to it. I'm definitely in the need of more friends in similar situations. I am currently 186 lbs but my tiny 4'11 body does not fit it pretty well lol. I need to lose about 80 lbs to get back to my high school weight but I'm pretty much a food addict as well trying to clean it up though. I'm trying to eat healthier and lose this weight already. Good luck on ur journey as well...sending u a friend request :)
  • bd208
    bd208 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Shawna, I would love to help cheer you on and motivate you! Add me and off we go!!! BTW, I have about 80 pounds to lose so I'm giving it my best shot too!!!
  • Arithion
    Options
    Hi Shawna
    I booted myfitnesspal back up a few weeks ago. I had 80 to lose and still need to drop another 72. I'd love to add you if you'd like and cheer you on your journey!
  • KrishDaNa
    KrishDaNa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When I restarted on MFP I had about 80lbs to lose. Now I have 70lbs to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are all in the same neighborhood! I started in March with 140 pounds to lose, and am down 80 pounds, with 60 more to go.
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome back... I too found my way back just a couple of weeks ago, and I have found some great friends who are providing a tremendous amount of support. Good luck reaching your goal! Feel free to add me if you want some added support.
  • xpiratebarbiex
    xpiratebarbiex Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Same boat over here...82 pounds to lose and I just started back on here. I've lost weight so easily in the past but this time it just seems like I really screwed up and went too far... I could really benefit from some motivation and keeping in touch. lets get this done!
  • credle071207
    credle071207 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I started using this app back in August and love it. I have a total of 157 lbs to lose, but have already lost 38 lbs in about 3 and a half months. You can do it!!
  • jad2678
    jad2678 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation and am ready to finally get this weight off for good! I got 89 pounds to go and I too turn to food for comfort and am working to stop doing this and be happy and healthy. Feel free to add me :)
  • peacecrzy
    peacecrzy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also restarting MFP and would like to lose 89lbs to reach my goal! Just sent you a friend request :)
  • refined2012
    Options
    I'm also at 240.00 and also needing to lose 80 lbs. Just started on MFP, I will send you a friend request. I'm sure we will do great!
  • Puccipalace
    Options
    Your post is me to the tttttt. Please add me so we can encourage one another.