5'9" Female, down 40 pounds in 3 months (60 more to go!)

Options
rbfdac
rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
When I started this journey, I never even imagined I would stick to it, so there was no way I was going to subject myself to "progress" pictures for no reason. Now, I wish I would have. After I was 16 pounds down, I took a picture in my office chair, making sure to include all rolls, just hoping that one day I would have something to compare it to.

Although I am down 40 pounds, I haven't quite seen it in the mirror. I attribute half of that to the fact that I see myself every day and can't see the progress very easily and the other half I contribute to the fact that I was so displeased with my body before that I did whatever I could to avoid the mirror and any sort of glimpse of myself. When I looked in the mirror today, I thought I saw a little change, so I decided it would be a good day to take a "sitting in my office chair" picture. I pulled up the one I took after my 16 pound loss and was actually shocked at the difference I saw.

I've got 60 pounds to go, but I thought I'd share this little bit of progress with you guys. It sure put a smile on my face today. Just keep on truckin'! You'll get there. We all will.formj76l8krt.png
ME.png 665.8K

Replies

• tonyakaye
    tonyakaye Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to lose it?? You can really see the difference and that is great. 40 in 3 months is a lot.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) Nothing special- just eating at a deficit. I eat almost 1600 calories every single day and do not eat back exercise calories. I lose usually around 2-3 pounds a week.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far, best of luck with your goal.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats keep up the great work.
  • slinky68
    slinky68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done, keep it up. You should be proud of your progress.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    WOW great job!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! There's a big difference between the two pics... keep up the good work! :)
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference great job.
  • horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job! Definitely see the difference.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Awesome job! If you're looking for more friends, feel free to add me! I have lost around 40 pounds with 60 more to go as well.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I see a difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!