insanity workout. is it worth it

Options
Melissaol
Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
My daughter wants me to buy insanity workout. But does it really worth it.

Replies

• blittle40
    blittle40 Posts: 31
    Options
    YES, it is...I did it a couple of months back and I love it...I am starting the asylum...have you been working out or is the going to be new for you?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Every workout program is only worth what you put into it. If you give it 100%, then it will work for you. If you don't, then don't expect it to be a miracle worker.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I just did my first Insanity workout this morning...and it kicked my tail....I only made it halfway through the workout before practically passing out....my heart rate stayed above 180....crazy....in the 20-25 minutes...I burned 249 calories.....
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want. It's hard - really really hard. I had completed a marathon and P90X prior to Insanity, and still ended up with muscle fatigue from overuse. If you haven't been into a program to begin with, I'd start with a different beachbody program like Chalean or P90X. That said - I didn't have weight to lose, but I lost a significant amount of body fat %. I definitely sculpted my body and took my fitness endurance to a new level. It worked for me, I'm running faster and stronger than ever. I would absolutely not suggest it as a program for someone who doesn't have at least a moderate fitness level. I saw too many people in my "group" that had to stay on Month 1 or struggled to finish Month 2. So YES it's totally worth it, but know it's going to be difficult and may not be the best program to start with.
  • Rain_253
    Rain_253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What is the insanity workout? I'm new to this Hi :)
  • jw258
    jw258 Posts: 23
    Options

Same here
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Its a 60 day program created by Beachbody. You can order it online but I bought mine at Walmart. It's a series of about 10 dvd's. I am new to it myself and its hard but will be worth it I'm sure!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you want. It's hard - really really hard. I had completed a marathon and P90X prior to Insanity, and still ended up with muscle fatigue from overuse. If you haven't been into a program to begin with, I'd start with a different beachbody program like Chalean or P90X. That said - I didn't have weight to lose, but I lost a significant amount of body fat %. I definitely sculpted my body and took my fitness endurance to a new level. It worked for me, I'm running faster and stronger than ever. I would absolutely not suggest it as a program for someone who doesn't have at least a moderate fitness level. I saw too many people in my "group" that had to stay on Month 1 or struggled to finish Month 2. So YES it's totally worth it, but know it's going to be difficult and may not be the best program to start with.

I would say P90 if you've never worked out as I believe this is the beginner set and then to P90X.

Another thing you could do is start with some free programs such as www.c25k.com (running) or www.hundredpushups.com (strength). These two programs are for absolute beginners and will help moving up to the fitness videos mentioned above easier.