50 pounds to lose

I am a 24 year old woman, US immigrant. I have always been on the higher ende of average BMI/ slightly overweight since after puberty. However I moved to America, dietary changes and sitting on my butt all day long made me tip over into being obese. Now I find myself struggling in a body I am not used to. I have attempted to lose weight several times. My most successive i have been was dropping 20 pounds, but i gained it all back. I am trying again. I really hope to get it right this time. Would appreciate some feedback about people who have experienced the same or similar. :)

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Ice what you are experiencing is common. While it may not be what you need I basically cut out all carbs as in sugar, grains which is often processed CARBS. After I lost a few pounds I am watching the impact of adding back some fruit like oranges and banana to see the impact on my sugar, ketones and weight levels.

This time I am trying to stay away from processed Carbs so that alone can lead to calorie restriction because I am eating high fat (about 80%) and about 15% protein.

Be aware everyone is different and some of the thoughts on the internet can even be dangerous for another. Do you have access to a medical clinic? If you have ANY medical conditions known or unknown dieting can be dangerous doing without at least a physical. Do you know your fasting blood glucose level?

Best wishes.
  • Thanks Gale, I will try to get a consultation about my weight and hope that I dont have some underlying medical problem
  • My goal is 50 lbs also. I was down to 155 2 years ago and somehow 50 pounds crept back on (okay, I'm lazy and I love food....not healthy food). I've struggled with weight all my life and it's always a yo-yo for me. Be sure to keep track of what you eat (this website has a great tracking tool to hold you accountable) and watch your calories. I started walking 3 miles a day and am slowly integrating more cardio into my workout plan to get back down. Down 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Good luck!
  • 7 pounds in 2 weeks is no easy feat. Congrats and keep up the good work. Could only hope for the same. Will be starting some excercise classes 5 times a week at the gym. Also got a friend of mine who has the same goal. we will see what happens? goodluck :)