Baby Weight...the struggle is REAL!

Options
My name is Erin, I am 28 years old, and I just gave birth to my third son...13 months ago. I am only 5'2 and am now weighing in at 202 lbs. I have gained about 50 pounds with each of my pregnancies and usually right around the 1 year mark, I am able to start losing it but I just can't seem to knock the baby weight this time around! I am feeling hopeless and could really use some good advice and motivation!

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I also have 3 kids. The best advice I can give is to make exercising non negotiable. You wouldn't think about not changing your kid, or feeding him, no matter how tired you are, right? Same with exercising. Skipping it is not an option.

Throw him in an ergo and start squatting! Lol.
  • nikaki77
    nikaki77 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Dear Erin,
    My twins are 17 months old. I had a really bad and dangerous pregnancy with plenty of cortizole shots. Eventhough I was on a regime and seeing a nutritionist i put on 22 kilos, too much for my 1.62 cm frame....I weighed 82 kilos at 7 months.
    I don;t live in the same country as my parents, so I had no real moral or other support from them. My mother-in-law just seemed to grab my kids from my arms. I felt threatened so I pushed the in-laws away. So, no help from there either.
    I tried to diet but 6 months later I was only down to 76 kilos. That seemed impossible to me....
    I gave up. Got a depression from working 12 hours a day and sometimes (iits embarassing to say) did not even have the time to shower for days....
    I know what it's like not to have absolutely any time for yourself. Having no help form the people around me, (my mother in law gave me clothes saying they were too large for her but they would be fine for me....) I felt there is simply nothing I can do. I hid the scales. I haven;t weighed myself since last october. I dont have the nerve to....
    Gym was out of the question. I get in from work at 21.00.....
    Two months ago, another mom asked me if I was pregnant again. That is where i said to myself I'd had enough.
    I got dvds from Jillian Michels Body Revolution. It's my second month.
    I haver to get up at 5.30 to do the routine and I have only missed 3 days, two because I was sick and one because I was in pain from the workout...
    MyFitnessPal has helped me keep track of calories and balance. It works for me.
    Think about it.
    You can do it.
    Eventhough I'm a work in progress...I believe I won;t give up until I lose the baby weight and then some....when I can somewhat fit into my largest jeans I will probably find the guts to step on the scales...until then...I just know I want to be 55 kilos again...like before I got married.
    And I am doing it all on my own because even that time I struggle to find for myself is considered a luxury by the people around me...
    PLease don't give up...
    Imagine, you can be a success story for another new mom.
    That thought usually kicks my butt to get up every morning...
  • rdrouin1970
    rdrouin1970 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP and would really like to see a lively newsfeed full of friends and inspiration. My "baby" is 21/2 and it's time to lose the baby weight. Let's motivate each other! Feel free to add me.
  • niseyyd
    niseyyd Posts: 12 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just had my 2nd baby about 2 months ago and have just started really buckling down on working out again (and just went back to work full time this week) -- feel free to add me! I also have a blog which on friday's i do a "follow through friday" post and blog about my week in fitness/diet. check it out at whattheschneck.blogspot.com
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    try having a child 9 years ago and not losing a pound lol
  • Sarah321cm
    Options
    I just had my third child two months ago and I am stuck at the same weight I havent been able to lose since my second child. The last couple of weeks I havent lost anything and ive been eating right and exercising every day. I started to feel hopeless too!! Thats why I re-downloaded this app to see if counting my calorie intake would work better!!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I'm finally down to my prepregnancy weight after 3 kids. My baby is 11 years old. You gals with little ones rock. Find the time for you. I never did get on board with the eating component of losing weight. That is key for success. You can do this. You've got each other! Good luck, ladies :)
  • Adara65
    Options
    I had my baby 15 months ago and still have about 30 pounds to lose. (I gained 65) I do little things to help me. If I want to eat, but really shouldn't have any more calories, I will eat a piece of hard candy or chew a piece of gum. I also actively play with my child a lot. We have an hour long dance party every day in the living room. I dance like a maniac to burn up calories and my kid thinks it is a blast! ( Even when my child isn't dancing, she thinks mom is funny) Sometimes, I will throw some light weights in my hands just for a little boost. I try to do almost all of my grocery shopping on the perimeter of the store, too. I recently purchased a balancing ball and for whatever reason, I really enjoy exercising with it. I avoid eating out very often and I also drink a lot of water through out the day. Water will help you feel full-guilt free! These are just little things that have made the difference for me. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • MidoriRyu76
    MidoriRyu76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids. My oldest is 18 and my youngest is 12. I have tried for years to take the weight off to no avail. I'd lose the initial water weight then stop losing period. It wasn't til recently, when I went to the doctor for chronic headaches, that I found out I'm gluten sensitive. Since ditching wheat 39 days ago, I have lost 36 pounds- 8 pounds since starting MFP last week. I learned how to cook gluten free so now I can have bread and cookies but still lose weight. And the plus is no more headaches, not 1 :)
    This situation may not apply to you but if you're watching your calories, working out, and not losing weight, your doctor might be able to find an underlying problem you're not aware of. You're welcome to add me and best of luck to you.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! This sounds familiar! I have three boys and my youngest just turned one. At what point does the baby weight just become weight? My last two came so close that I didn't lose the weight from the second one before having the third one, and now the scale just.wont.budge. I have 30#s to get back to my prepre weight, and additional pounds to get to a really healthy weight. Ive been walking in the mornings (getting up at 5:30 am), but the food part is just not sticking..to anything but my thighs. The little guys have so much energy, I surely am expending some chasing them around...but I guess it is negated by the emotional eating from chasing them around! Ironically, I'm motivated to track my food, but all three of my little guys see me pull out the smartphone and are on me like little leeches so it's hard to stay on top of it. I didn't expect that to be a barrier to weight loss. Haha. Best of luck ladies!
  • FloridaHSMom
    Options
    I had my fifth baby 12 months ago, and after each one I dieted and lost the weight.. however, now at 39 my metabolism doesn't think running round doing laundry and toddler watching is enough exercise. Need motivation too! Keep it up girl! Men have no idea…;)