I finally got it together!!! (With Pics)

Options
maggierenee88
maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
Start Weight: 230, teenager
Mid-Point: +/-180lbs, highschool - university
Today: 138lbs, 5'6, 26 yrs old

I'm 26 and have been overweight most of my life. I was a very chubby kid, and had bad habits that contributed to my weight. I didn't notice this part of me as a problem, as I've always had an outgoing personality and a solid group of friends. That was until the mean kids got to me at 12. At that point I was 230lbs and I had decided to lose weight. I dropped down to around 180lbs and felt very accomplished and happy. Throughout highschool and university I yo-yo'd from around 160-180 depending on what was going on in my life.

I always envisoned myself being fit by 25...but at that point I was 180lbs - where I was at the first time I lost weight! I graduated university and became a working woman, and I decided it was time to get my weight problem under control. For the past two years I changed the way I eat and the way I think about food. I no longer emotionally eat, and I set mini goals throughout and made myself stay there before I lost anymore. With the help of Shawn-T & Jillian Michaels I lost all the extra weight, and I'm now under 140! Below are some photos of me on this journey :) Thanks for celebrating with me!

02rnxu9w84tq.jpg

tqln01u3c4ma.jpg

xbbwh7y47veo.jpg

otjsullxidop.jpg

lq7fiugta3mt.jpg

ppagpm2ffri6.jpg

mfp-en.vanillaforums.096szilix0dx.jpg
com/editor/g7/bk9szfe6eb7j.jpg

p78keqj7f88b.jpg

l4o4kg2ea67y.jpg

a5qzuhhwy0xt.jpg

8sstyp082kla.jpg

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Such a good change!

Well done
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    congratsss honeyy! you are really pretty ;)
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It's inspiring to see someone at the same height as myself achieve such great results. Love your story!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    17959-Good-Job-Gif.gif
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Aw you're beautiful. You look great!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You're lovely in all the pics, but what an accomplishment!!! Congratulations!!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    You wrote: "...For the past two years I changed the way I eat and the way I think about food. I no longer emotionally eat, and I set mini goals and made myself stay there before I lost anymore..."

What a great message! New lifestyle developed over time with baby-step goals. Congratulations.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good Job!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! <3
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing with us. You have done a great job and look wonderful!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Bravo! I'm sure you don't need anyone else to tell you how amazing you look. All the same, here it is: you look phenomenal!!

Plus, it's always encouraging to see people that have made changes when they had long term struggles with their weight and habits. There are a great many of us who can relate. :)
  • jenniskemus
    jenniskemus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. You look great. Very motivational. :)
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Your hard work is showing. I had a similar start in childhood with weight gain. Chubby kid just kept gaining through puberty in junior high and then high school I sorta balanced out for a while until I started run/walking towards end of it. I lost some weight not even sure how much I hardly was on scales.

Now I'm watching my 11 year old daughter gain quite a bit in the past year and half. She's hit puberty already and is 5'3" and steadily increased to 132. I think she has quite a bit of water weight and according to my brother's scale that does all the other numbers she is retaining some. Right now her weight is probably 10 lbs into overweight range for her age and height. I'm trying to make no deal about it and we are just getting active together walking the last 3 weeks nearly daily. I want to stop the gains so she avoid weight troubles and of course the mean kids that a couple have already started noticing.
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for stories like yours because I also want to be smaller than I was in high school and wonder if that's possible.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! (*)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hooray, you look amazing! The hard work has paid off, good for you!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! Congrats on your success!! :)
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • dale530
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are a gorgeous young woman! congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!