New GuY

Options
Hello Everyone my name is Nick..
im very excited about this i love the idea of it and now its a easy portable calorie log
i just had 1 question tho??
it says i have 2400 calories left..is that to reach my goal of 2 lbs a week or will i even out?
can anyone help and thanks in advance :)

Replies

• mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey Nick,

I love this site! Whenever I log in it says I have 1200 calories left, that is my daily amount of calories. (It varies per person). If I exercise than I earn more calories, and you should eat back most of the calories. Feel free to ask me anything else. I'll help you the best I can.

Good luck!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi Nick

the calories that MFP have allowed you should average 2lbs a week loss - it is normal to lose more per week for the first few weeks, and its perfectly normal to plateau and have a couple of weeks where you dont lose anything

I haev mine set for 2lbs loss a wee and i've lost 21lbs in my first 4 weeks - most of that was retained water, but some of it seriously was stored fat

When you plateau (everyone does) its important to stick with the healthy lifestyle and after a couple of weeks the scales will start moving

I am relatively new - been here 5 weeks - you are more than welcome to add me as a friend, and ask me any questions you may have - i always try to be hoenst, but dont wrap everything in nice pink fluffy candyfloss
  • kgfit
    kgfit Posts: 3
    Options
    If it says 2400, that's the number of calories to meet your weight loss goal. So if you're close (or under) that--you should be moving in the right direction.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Whatever is left is what you have left to eat for the day. If you enter exercise in the morning before you enter any food eaten, you will see that number rise. As you enter food eaten, that number will decrease.

Welcome, and good luck to you!