Is it me?

Options
Does anyone have a problem with diet in winters? Temperature in Hague is 5-11 degree cent. I am not able to eat as usual. Does it have to do something with the fact that, I have never been so long in so cold climate?
I have only a cup of coffee in morning...1 coffee/chocomilk for brunch ....usual lunch.. 1 apple in evening.. maybe a choco milk.... and dinner is really light(half of what i used to have).
There is no difference in my exercise regime, except am not cycling to office everyday. That was 1 hour of exercise everyday.
Is this ok? I have lost a little weight and inches. But I believe, its because am not eating enough. Though its good :tongue:, I hope it isn't bad for the body.

Replies

• neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a problem with diet in winters? Temperature in Hague is 5-11 degree cent. I am not able to eat as usual. Does it have to do something with the fact that, I have never been so long in so cold climate?
    I have only a cup of coffee in morning...1 coffee/chocomilk for brunch ....usual lunch.. 1 apple in evening.. maybe a choco milk.... and dinner is really light(half of what i used to have).
    There is no difference in my exercise regime, except am not cycling to office everyday. That was 1 hour of exercise everyday.
    Is this ok? I have lost a little weight and inches. But I believe, its because am not eating enough. Though its good :tongue:, I hope it isn't bad for the body.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi Neha!

I don't really know as it doesn't get too cold here but I know except in the winter I tend to drink more coffee and want soups! I make my own soups though, so there's not so much sodium, etc. in them

How are you doing anyway? Still trying that sleep experiment?
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    naa. not following sleep experiment anymore. My office shifted and I share a room now. :tongue: So.., you know. Well, it was good. Can customize it. Will look into it this weekend.
  • shorerider
    Options
    naa. not following sleep experiment anymore. My office shifted and I share a room now. :tongue: So.., you know. Well, it was good. Can customize it. Will look into it this weekend.

I'm glad you're not--I was worried about you trying that; all sounded kind of odd to me.

glad to hear you're still ok though!

How's the chocolate? :wink:
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    Are you talking about the Belgium chocolate?
    I went home and gave them as gifts for Diwali. Had a lot myself too. :tongue:
  • shorerider
    Options
    Are you talking about the Belgium chocolate?
    I went home and gave them as gifts for Diwali. Had a lot myself too. :tongue:

Yes! Since you've mentioned them, I've been wondering what REAL Belgium chocolate tastes like!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

Hi,
    I live in a very cold climate, it can get down to -60 C here during winter. think spitting and having it freeze to ice before it hits the ground. If doesn't have any affect on my appetite though. Is it possible that you're experiencing some form of seasonal depression due to the cold that you're not used to? I'm not sure, but I believe any loss of appetite that lasts for an extended period off time should be brought to the attention of your doctor. I can't say it's bad for your health, that would depend on just how few calories you're really eating. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Hi,
    I live in a very cold climate, it can get down to -60 C here during winter. think spitting and having it freeze to ice before it hits the ground. If doesn't have any affect on my appetite though. Is it possible that you're experiencing some form of seasonal depression due to the cold that you're not used to? I'm not sure, but I believe any loss of appetite that lasts for an extended period off time should be brought to the attention of your doctor. I can't say it's bad for your health, that would depend on just how few calories you're really eating. Good luck :flowerforyou:

Good advice Kerri. I think Seasonal Affective Disorder is very prevalent, and since it hits when the weather gets cold and the holidays arrive, most people may not recognize it.

I have every light in my office cubical on to combat the blues.
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    thx buddies!

I went to France for a weekend. I ate fine there. I think, I need to wait n see for few more days. If, problem persists, I'll go to the doc.
    thx again!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I went to France for a weekend.

Le sigh.
    I wanna go to France for a weekend!
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    I am going Swiss for Xmas and my birthday(26th Dec)! :flowerforyou: