Do you feel hungry on your diet?

Options
Do you guys feel hungry while dieting? I've noticed that when I set my daily calories to 1600/day which is the lowest I can go without feeling famished all day I am ok throughout the day, but by bedtime I'm really hungry. I just tend to sleep feeling kinda hungry and my weight is going down 0.2lbs per day without fail.

If I don't feel hungry at any point during the day I know that my scale will not budge.

Is that just me or is anyone else similar?

Replies

• Rangikuchan
    Options
    I notice that too, i dont normally check the scale that often because i get scared to but i work until 11:30 at night and usually by the time i get off im starved but i ate all my calories for the day by then :(
  • chunkymonkeylass
    Options
    I am FAMISHED. but I am told it is because I am not eating the right things.
  • elsohypes
    elsohypes Posts: 30
    Options
    This was happening the same to me, but 1 good tip to stop feeling hungry... drink water. I barely drank any water before and have recently started and I dont feel hungry anymore. It's great. I did put on a bit of weight for a while, but that I'm assuming thats just water weight but all good now :)

So yeah drink lots of water. It'll really help
    Good luck
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    Sometimes i do but then I drink water:smile:6797209.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes - at the beginning. As I get used to the diet my stomach shrinks and I rarely get hungry now. When I'm hungry it is usually time to eat anyway. The hunger won't last forever in most people.
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    I'll try drinking more water + waiting for my tummy to shrink! I just hate knowing that if I'm going to bed feeling satiated that the scale isn't going to budge. (>__<); Ugh!
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Some days I am - it depends on what I eat.
    If I actually eat healthily, like I did yesterday I am fine - but I get lots of calories to eat beacsue I have looooots to lose.
    But if I do eat crap I get hungry really quiickly after.

They say it is all about eating lots of fresh food. grainy bread, pasta, fruit and veges etc.

Isnt that hungry feeling awful?
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    for the first 2 weeks or so as i was learning what foods are lower calories and upping my water intake. Water does help a lot!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't find I'm hungry unless it's close to a meal time. What time do you have your last meal of the day? I know that if I have dinner at 5ish which is when my husband likes it then I'm going to be hungry again later in the evening so I make sure to leave enough calories for supper.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have not felt hungry if I stay on my schedule of eating. I eat every 2-3 hours. Some days, I feel like I am constantly eating and just sick of it. I lose anywhere from 1.5-2.6 lbs per week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try eating more protein & fiber at your last meal or leaving a couple hundred calories before bed and eat some protein & fiber right before.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I only ever feel hungry about 15-20 minutes before a meal. Sometimes it's worse than others.

Or sometimes about an hr before dinner - in that case I have a snack (something healthy).
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem and asked my personal trainer about it yesterday and he said that was a good thing. That I wasn't actually hungry, it just meant that my metabolism was getting better. He advised me to keep my calorie intake at 1800/day whether I was exercising that day or not, and when I did exercise to consider it a benefit.
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    yep starving. but it got better as I got used to eating less. although I had a bad coupla weeks recently so now I am being good again I am starving especially in the evening.

I just try and remember that once I get to my goal, I will be allowed maintenance calories which will be quite a bit more. there is no way I am gonna be hungry for the rest of my life!
  • Ridestolive6969
    Options
    I usually feel hungry when it is time to eat. I do have days when I feel less hungry, but I am on a pretty regular eating routine. During my TOM or if I have a particularly intense workout, I may just feel hungry all day!!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    up your protein and drink more water
  • KrysHil
    KrysHil Posts: 7
    Options
    It is not just you, I feel like I stay hungry. I drink more water and take a multivitamin on the days I am not sure I ate the right foods. It will work out. As your stomach shrinks that feeling goes away some.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I gotta tell you I am almost never hungry. I eat about 6 times a day ini order to eat the amount of calories needed for me. I exercise daily and burn a lot that way. My calories are set at 1200, but with the exercise, I eat 1700 - 2000 calories per day. I have sf pudding almost every night around 9 PM. I have lost 1.5 - 2.5# per week steadily for the past 3 months. There is just no reason for you to be hungry - you just have to exercise so you can eat.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would suggest drinking 1 glass of water before and after a meal and when eating, eat slowly. Research shows that it takes at least 20 minutes for your brain to register that your stomach is full. :)
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    up your protein and drink more water

Oh, and I agree with this. Protein always keeps me full longer. My quick go-to lunch is a protein bar and a piece of fruit. And I drink about 12L per day in water.