Four kids and running helped me get my body back!

Options
I am a mom of four kids. I had my last baby in August of 2013. I love him so much and he is such a blessing. I would not trade him for anything but my pregnancy was tough. I developed Gestational Diabetes while I was pregnant. I gained close to seventy pounds. Six weeks after I gave birth I realized that I had only lost about 15 pounds of baby weight, so I was stuck with the rest of the weight. I had never ran a day in my adult life but I kept reading that running was the way to do it. I was doing certain exercises and the scale was just not moving. So I bout a beginners running Magazine and started following the program. I would strap my very big for his age baby in the jogging stroller and every day would run. After my runs I would basically collapse on to my front porch while trying to catch my breath while my sweet little man would be fast asleep in the stroller. With in a couple of weeks the weight was falling off and I was hooked! It was also a great way to bond with my baby. He looks forward to daily runs. I have lost just about all the weight and am healthier. Any one thinking of running I would say it is definitelyjp5awse0y1oj.jpg
hard at first but go for it! It worked for me!

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Top effort, all the hard work paid off. Looking good!

Would of been easier if you just sat and thought about loosing the weight and swept it under the carpet. So props for motivating yourself and getting to were you want to be.

• Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    love it! you looks awesome and what a great way to spend time with your lil guy!
  • LosingLast30
    LosingLast30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look amazing!
  • sappy42
    sappy42 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started running last March and C25K, along with daily walks with a friend, counting calories and getting into lifting, has helped me lose nearly 30 lbs!

I couldn't even run the mile in HS, but now I'm only 4 sessions away from completing Bridge to 10K. I fell in love with running and my husband loves what it's done for my self esteem.

Keep up the good work!
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Congrats! U look great!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You look fab!

My third is 7 months old and I've been doing a bit of running, but I like a bit of variety too. Today I'm doing spinning :). Tomorrow is a PT session.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    fantastic success story you look amazing and healthy.
  • dale530
    Options
    Congratulations on all the hard work. You look great!!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    With in a couple of weeks the weight was falling off and I was hooked! It was also a great way to bond with my baby. He looks forward to daily runs. I have lost just about all the weight and am healthier.

Thumbs up on your bond with junior using the runs, and thumbs up on the weight loss!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Your legs are AMAZING!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!