a stupid, but very important victory

Options
kentlass
kentlass Posts: 325 Member
today...i didn't sabotage myself!!!

i am abit of a number obsessive...if i do a workout i tend to push and push until i hit AT LEAST 1000calories(usually takes 2hours or so) and then i do a p90x workout too, so as you can imagine, i am well under calories ALOT...my net is sometimes in the negative!

well today i told myself that i would stop when i hit 700calories(my hrm shows calorie burn) and although i went over that by 100, it's not the usual extra 300-400 that i would insist on finishing!

i am trying so hard not to sabotage myself with my eating, as i know there is no way i can keep having such low net calories!!

well yesterday...and with any luck today, my net calories were 1182...and today...1200ish!!!

it probably seems stupid to alot of people but being able to say *enough* when it comes to exercise is really hard for me

Replies

• khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    I am just like you! Congrats on the victory!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! ALL victories are important and not stupid at all. The fact that you recognize what you need to do is the first step. Keep at it -- YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • trio25
    trio25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think that's great. I find it hard to imagine as I struggle not to go over with my calories, but I can see it can be as hard the other way. so well done and keep it up!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! i have a silly question tho, what do you mean by "net" calories?
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. Once I get going it is hard to stop.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! i have a silly question tho, what do you mean by "net" calories?

net calories is the calories you have eaten, after your exercise is taken off...e.g....

you're calorie goal is 1200
    you burn off 300 exercising
    you only eat 1300calories that day...your 'net' calories are then 1000(1300-300=1000)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Good for you kenty x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!