Bride shedding for her wedding

Options
Hello, My name is Rebecca. I'm getting married next July and have approximately 20-25 pounds I need to loose (or 3 inches) to fit into my wedding dress. A coworker of mine suggested I try using this to help because I couldn't stick to anything by myself.
I'm looking for a few "friends" on here to help keep me accountable. Also, any tips and recipe ideas are welcome!

Thank you!

Replies

• emily2975
    emily2975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in September! I have a bit more to lose than you (and haven't bought my dress yet!) but feel free to add me :)
  • EJOY1988
    EJOY1988 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congrats. on your upcoming marriage. Feel free to add me if you wish. :)
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I JUST got married and wanted to lose some weight to feel confident and sexy in my dress (see profile picture) so I joined MFP and linked it to my Fitbit. I won't say it was easy, cause it wasn't, but man does it ever work if you're honest and you log EVERYTHING. Feel free to add me!
  • hayleylouise9699
    hayleylouise9699 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I'm getting married myself in July. Would be lovely to have the support from other brides.

Please feel free to add me

Xx
  • texmexcoconut
    texmexcoconut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, but I am going to be a bridesmaid in one year!
    Just trying to look more confident and feel better!
    I keep looking at my pictures in 2011 because that's the last time I stood in a wedding, and I want to be back there! I have never been thin, but I would like to do the work to get there!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next July and have approximately 20-25 pounds I need to loose (sic) (or 3 inches) to fit into my wedding dress.
    To tone & lose inches, start weightlifting while eating at a reasonable deficit.
    Also, do at least 30 min of cardio a day (more would be better, burn more calories).

But realize that with so little weight to lose it's not reasonable to expect to lose 1 lb per week. 1/2 lb would be a victory, and that won't be easy.

Here's a newbie help post I put together with links to helpful info, including sexypants, accurate logging, and setting goals (including weight, calories, & macros).

51637601.png
  • SCR2015
    Options
    Congrats! I am getting married in October! I'd love to support you! Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    emily2975 wrote: »
    I'm getting married in September! I have a bit more to lose than you (and haven't bought my dress yet!) but feel free to add me :)

I'm getting married Sept 26th! I don't have a dress yet either. (I'm waiting for designers to get tired of this strapless sweetheart drop waist mermaid look. And I'm really hoping for a flutter sleeve.)
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    weigh and measure everything you eat. get at least 1g protein per pound of bodyweight
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    you're always welcome to add me ;)
  • snoboardgrlie
    Options
    I am getting married in May and I need to lose at least 15lbs!
    My dress just came in but I have gained 8lbs since I ordered it but my first fitting is not until late febuary so I MUST lose at least 8-10 before than. I have been trying so hard to eat better and I have been working out like a maniac the past month but I have not lost a pound! :( Drinking and pizza are my major downfalls. Time to get strict! Need motivation to get and Stay on track.
  • ErinKay1987
    ErinKay1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am getting married and have 3 inches to lose as well. I refuse to make my dress bigger so I better make myself smaller. HA HA. Add me if you would like. Sounds like we have pretty similar timelines and goals.
  • pshaffer23
    pshaffer23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats fellow brides! I am getting married in September and would love the support of others in my boat to stay motivated. I lost like 15lbs two years ago on MFP and have gained like 7 back...I'm only 5'1 so every pound is a HUGE *kitten* struggle. Please add me and let's get ready for all those pictures :smile:
  • serasv
    serasv Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale! Get a food scale and use it on everything! You'll be surprised how big true portion sizes are.

Best advice i can possibly give, feel free to add me for support!