Team UK & Ireland - May 2011

Options
Hey Team UK and Ireland,

Time for a new thread, can you believe it's May already?

I'm loving all these bank holidays but they're not doing much for my diet. Does anyone have any specific goals for May?

Replies

• Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    To lose the weight I gained over the Banks Holidays lol :devil:
  • olek78
    olek78 Posts: 8
    Options
    yeah, hate bank holidays when im on diet ]:/
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

LOL I expect that'll be the same for most of us.

I have a 4 day weekend next weekend as well as my son's school is shut on the 5th for polling day then the kind teachers decided having to work 2 days that week was enough and they needed yet another day off for an inset day on the 6th. I love long weekends but I wish they had been spaced out a bit more, this feels a bit ridiculous now.
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    These bank holidays are killing me! I'm eating more so having to workout more to compensate - I'm knackered! My goal for May will be to reinstate rest days!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Am still on holidays in Lanzarote. Limited ability to cook and still logging but often having to guess calories. At also a lot more active, i.e. Trail running, fell running, mountain biking, hiking, climbing etc. So hopefully that will off set any eating out.
    It's nice to feel comfortable in a bikini again that's for sure.
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Agreed my plan for May is to get back on the wagon and get to 11stone 3lbs by the end of May, so that will 2 stone weight loss since Christmas. Really gotta get back on track, these bank holidays have been tough.

Hoping I have just broken even and weigh the same, weigh day on Sat....eek!!!

Good luck everyone:bigsmile:
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My plan for May is to lose 9.5lbs, to get me to 220lbs.
  • chrisallcock
    chrisallcock Posts: 173
    Options
    seems we all have over indulged over the bank holiday
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i want to be below 190 lb before I go on holiday on the 28th ! x
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 8.5 pounds in May, and get to 210, which will be a total loss of 19pounds.

I have a festival to go to early June, so will do loads of walking at that, would be nice to be lighter :smile:
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

Seconded!

I need to get back on the 'wagon' and try and be in double figures (in KG's) by the end of May - that would be great!
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi

Can I join?

I am in Glasgow and need to lose 2.5 to 3 stone as I am 12.9 and 5"2....

Actually off to the gym just now. Please add me to any friends lists :)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Aaah, here you all are! Glad to read I'm not the only one with a disaster weekend! I even skipped my 30 day thred this evening, I'm just too bloated from all the crap I've been eating today!
    I did wel on the exercise on Sat and Sun, walked 10k both days plus the shred, but have a blister now and a sore back. Bit toooo much exercise so...

Ah well, back on the wagon tomorrow for all of us! Happy May everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Seems like some great weight loss goals :smile:

I've decided to have an alcohol free May and also try to get more cardio back in my routine. It might have to be swimming though as it depends how my back reacts to the new course of physio I'm starting.
  • nikkionamission
    Options
    I've decided to have an alcohol free May

I really wish I could do that! I've cut back a lot but think I must have alcoholic tendencies!!

I just aim to keep it going slow and steady, I'm just happy to be going in the right direction :happy:
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since the 1st Jan 2011 & I don't miss it!
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    Whoops! Double post :embarassed:
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Goal for May is to drop a dress size, so anything from 6 - 14lbs I guess. Hoping for a 2 - 3lbs weight loss per week, upping the cardio to burn that fat and still doing the 30 day shred and Zumba. The evenings are light enough to get outside and do some walking/running.

Planning to eat more 'natural' foods, and starting to operate on the concept of only eating when I am actually hungry.

happy May to you all :smile:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since the 1st Jan 2011 & I don't miss it!

I'm quite capable of going without and I did last year for a while and in some ways the longer you don't have a drink for the less you want one, but actually I enjoy having a glass of wine (or 2) in the evening sometimes and I managed to lose weight doing this so I don't see any need to give up completely long term. I just like to set myself goals now I've lost the weight I needed too and alcohol is a good one to choose, I'm also combining that with a renewed emphasis on eating well. I've really lost my interest in preparing food to take to work etc
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy May everybody - this year is going past like crazy!!

Glad to see most people fell off the wagon over all these bank hols - its been ridiculous :( And I have 3 manic (and boozy) weekends in May lined up so my 80% angel 20% devil foodwise is taking a serious beating. Grrrr!!

It's 7 weeks until Glastonbury, and I want to be 10stone something by then. I'm currently 11stone 8lbs, so I'm looking at 1lb a week and really hope thats doable. If not, at least shift some inches - it's just harder to work out where they are going to from than lbs!

I've at least maintained my exercise, and started doing some Tabata training at the gym, so sprinting 20 seconds, rest 10 seconds, and repeating. It is like a form of torture, but I do get an exercise high afterwards!

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :) and welcome to any newbies!

xxxx