Back issues from being chesty

Options
Hey everyone .. I am a very chesty woman to me abnormally chesty...lol when I was younger I had a barely B cup now that I have had kids and of course gained weight I am a 40 ff ... I pay alot for the bras I get because well you cant just walk into Victorias secret for my size.... anyway I have major back issues and I have purchased sports bras etc... but nothing seems to work.... soo question is ladies.. what have you found to help if anything?? exercising is hard cuz darn it ..those things tend to try to smack you in the face....lol ahh... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Visit the chiropractor on a regular basis. It might help.
  • marthamae813
    marthamae813 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I bought a sports bra from Lane bryant and then I put another "normal" Sports bra from fashion bug on top. Im a DDD. I feel your pain lady.
  • daddyzgurl
    daddyzgurl Posts: 58
    Options
    Before I lost my weight I was a DDD or E. I wore a regular underwire bra and a sports bra overtop.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I hear you girl the twins get in the way! I have 38DD breast size and it's been hard for me also. I usually do two things I wear a sport's bra's or as one of my MFP friends once called them "over the shoulder boulder holders" ha! and I wear a top that also has cups for extra protection from that annoying bouncing. The best place to get bra's like this is at the plus size store even if your not plus size, I myself am not but I have found some really great ones there, hope that helps!
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    I have back problems (not from being chesty though) and I found out from my doctor that my insurance covers breast reduction if you have back pains. Don't know if you're interested in that but it's another option to check out. I wish my insurance would cover a tummy tuck for back issues though. Good luck.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite as big as you are (42 DD), but I've started buying push up bras. Having that extra padding under my boobs really helps hold them up so the strain isn't on my back and shoulders. I also make sure there's always a really good underwire in any bra I buy. That always helps a lot.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    same thing here, I wear a bra and a sports bra on top.
  • kathulhu
    kathulhu Posts: 2
    Options
    I have triple D's and I'm not really having issues with my back. What I hate is when I do jumping jacks or any sort of jumping. My boobs fly up into my face, even when I wear a sports bra. I haven't started running yet but I'm sure it'll be an issue once I get to that point!!! I'll have to try the sports bra over the bra trick and see if that helps.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    For ME the answer was Reduction Mamoplasty!!!!!!:bigsmile:
    Love the new girls!!!!! AND my doc did them while I was 240, whre other docs told me I had to be close to my goal weight. But he believes the reduction is motivational and it has been.
    Don't get me wrong - I didn't have it done just coz (yes insurance paid).....I had divits in my shoulders and constant candida under both sides....no more divits in my shoulders and not one infection since! LOVE LOVE LOVE the results!
    Anyway.....just saying. :blushing:
  • Atlantya
    Atlantya Posts: 2
    Options
    Go to TeamEstrogen.com and search under "bras". I would suggest you look at three brands: Either the CW-X, the Moving Comfort, or, the grandmama of them all, the Enell (the girls aren't going anywhere when you're wearing the Enell). If you like the Enell but want a slightly less constricting version of it, Junonia.com carries an Enell in a slightly less constricting but still really supportive material. Hope that helps!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have thought about surgery but then I think well if I lose weight then maybe they will get to a normal size on their own it is still an option though...... I havent thought about the sports bra over a reg bra.. I think I will try that... great ideas ladies.....
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wear a good underwire and stick a sports bra on top to mash my girls down to prevent some bounce (but they still do). I am a 36-38G and it is so hard to find bras. I shop for mine online on a couple different sites that send me email when they have sales, 25% off makes a big difference when your bra costs $60-80. Just make sure your band size is super tight on the loosest hook so as it wears you can tighten it up. The support is supposed to primarily come from the band, not the straps.
  • MelissaE27
    Options
    Go to TeamEstrogen.com and search under "bras". I would suggest you look at three brands: Either the CW-X, the Moving Comfort, or, the grandmama of them all, the Enell (the girls aren't going anywhere when you're wearing the Enell). If you like the Enell but want a slightly less constricting version of it, Junonia.com carries an Enell in a slightly less constricting but still really supportive material. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for the info.. I will check it out definitely.. ..
  • Katmela
    Katmela Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, literally! I'm a 38DD and I understand how difficult it can be to exercise with a large chest. Running - totally out of the question! BUT, I recently found a bra that has been a GODSEND, seriously, I cannot sing its praises enough! It's the Wacoal sports bra. It holds the girls up and in like no other, and it's not uncomfortable because the underwire/stability system is on the outside of the bra, so it doesn't dig into your chest. Now, Wacoal items are pricey, I think it was about $65, but the difference it has made in my comfort and confidence has made it an excellent investment.
  • MelissaE27
    Options
    I feel your pain, literally! I'm a 38DD and I understand how difficult it can be to exercise with a large chest. Running - totally out of the question! BUT, I recently found a bra that has been a GODSEND, seriously, I cannot sing its praises enough! It's the Wacoal sports bra. It holds the girls up and in like no other, and it's not uncomfortable because the underwire/stability system is on the outside of the bra, so it doesn't dig into your chest. Now, Wacoal items are pricey, I think it was about $65, but the difference it has made in my comfort and confidence has made it an excellent investment.

pricey is ok to be comfortable... its doesnt make you look like you a unaboob does it?...thats what my sweet daughter says when I wear mine... I just shake my head..kids..lol
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    I had the same problem. The best thing I did was get a breast reduction. (I went from a 34F to a 34 C) But since that is expensive and it took me a while to save for it, I found a sports bra that buckles and has an underwire that was amazing. It held me in place and I had no trouble running.
  • Katmela
    Katmela Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm getting back to you late! No, the bra does not give me the dreaded uniboob! I hate it when that happens. The support/underwire thing goes in between your boobs, so it gives you a very defined look, and it's still comfortable.
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    I was wearing a sports bra, but then would wrap over it with an ace bandage with the little clippies. You may need to try a safety pin (pointing out!) if you are doing anything more fast paced than a speed walk (jumping jacks and the sort). It would keep my back frum hurting too much. I learned about this in Drama class and, it will give you the dreaded uni-boob, but if you are trying to contain the girls it can help ease some of the stress from their antics. I have also lost some of their mass since loosing weight, so it is possible that will happen for you too.
  • xaltei
    xaltei Posts: 4
    Options
    I've had that problem when I was in middle school and by the time I hit high school and was graduating I was going on buying DDD bras. A friend recommended to a doctor and I received a breast reduction. The pain in my back was horrible and I ended up getting a hunchback because I couldn't stand straight for long period at all. I ate with them on the table and no physical therapy helped at all. The insurance paid for it under medical reason and ever since them I've been going 3 years happy in a C cup and no pain on my back whatsoever. I still have the hunch sadly but it's stuck with me for life but now it's easier to find bras and my goal is to lose weight. If your back if really bad you should probably look into surgery. I was 17 when I had mines done and right away when I was going to car to go home I told my mom that my back didn't hurt anymore. It was the most wonderful feeling.