calories burned during strength training

Options
I was wondering how come the app doesn't give you the amount of calories burn while doing crunches or any type of strength training? Is it my settings or how should I count calories burned during this exercise?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The strength training session is for tracking your lifts. You can add calories for strength training by entering your strength training session in the Cardiovascular section. You don't burn nearly as many calories lifting as you do for cardio, though, so be wary of overestimating your burns. MFP doesn't know how long your rest periods were, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    calories burned during strength training are very hard to estimate...there are a gazillion variables. Unlike running for example where you just need to put in your stats, distance, and speed.
  • Jackedupnow
    Jackedupnow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good question
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Crunches would next to nothing...do them if you wish, but I wouldn't worry about logging it.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    you can log your strength training under the cardio section, just search for strength training. It isn´t very much, I think for me about 250 calories for an hour. The bottom section of the exercise page is for logging your lifts, just to keep track of weight progess.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    strength training isn't a big calorie burner, i don't even log calories burned for that.