$2.09 at Costco in CO - couldn't believe it
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    In New Zealand we pay NZD 1.90 a litre. That's 1.47 US$
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 96.9 a litre at Costco, to 1.03.9 at Shell in this part of Canada
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    2.29$
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    $2.16
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow. Reading this thread has made me feel a lot better about paying $2.70 for gas. I was feeling all persecuted, since half the country is paying less than we are here... While at the same time feeling elated that it's less than 3 bucks a gallon now. Woot!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    0.985 per liter in Ontario.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    $2.15/gallon...

I hope they don't drop much further...overall bad for the economy.

I'm in Alberta, Canada and I'm with you. As nice as it is to have cheap fill ups this is not good for the economy. I cringe as I watch the price of oil keeping dropping to records lows. As oil sands projects slow down, lay offs abound and that is not good for anyone. Hopefully this turns around soon.

While it may be that the drop in oil price is due to increased supply and that may be bad news for the oil industry (I feel bad for those oil tycoons *sarcasm*), it is good news for the economy as a whole. Consumers have more disposable income (the money we are no longer spending to fill our tanks) and can use that to purchase other goods/services... some of which may keep money locally or improve the economy in other ways.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    $105.9/litre which is really ticking everyone off given that you can drive 1.5 hours and pay 84.9 especially given that this is Alberta and we produce the stuff!!! grrrr
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    $2.29 a gal in central Nebraska.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    $2.15/gallon...

I'm in Alberta, Canada and I'm with you. As nice as it is to have cheap fill ups this is not good for the economy. I cringe as I watch the price of oil keeping dropping to records lows. As oil sands projects slow down, lay offs abound and that is not good for anyone. Hopefully this turns around soon.

I'm in Alberta too, we're paying around 80cents/litre...and I'm in the oil patch. I hope, despite the fact that I don't pay an arm and a leg for gas, that the price of oil goes up soon. It's not just the patch that's being affected right now, it's everyone. I'm constantly checking to see if we still have work to do, and prepare for what's in store if layoffs start happening.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    $2.15/gallon...

While it may be that the drop in oil price is due to increased supply and that may be bad news for the oil industry (I feel bad for those oil tycoons *sarcasm*), it is good news for the economy as a whole. Consumers have more disposable income (the money we are no longer spending to fill our tanks) and can use that to purchase other goods/services... some of which may keep money locally or improve the economy in other ways.

except it's going to cost more to ship the goods in to the stores, people are losing jobs so they have to "go home" and live on EI, which is supported by the government, which is supported by oil and gas. This is the most ignorant post i've seen today. Think this through, you will be paying MORE for food than you do now, because it's not just going to fly onto the shelves. And most of the people from the coast, are working in Alberta, who do you think is going to get laid off first? those that drive home on their own dime every night, or those that get flown in and out by airplane? this devistates us all.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Saw 2.43 this afternoon in Maine.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    Options
    1.99 in north Louisiana!

I'm really sad about it though cause I don't want any of my family loosing there jobs because if this! So when I fill up I think of my uncles and cousins and everyone loosing there jobs! I pray they go back up soon!
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have a plug-in hybrid car...... so as long as I don't drive more then 30 miles a day it cost very little.... I normally just plug it in every day at my school... the only time i need gas depends on how many times my wife makes me driver her to mother's....^^
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    $2.15/gallon...

except it's going to cost more to ship the goods in to the stores, people are losing jobs so they have to "go home" and live on EI, which is supported by the government, which is supported by oil and gas. This is the most ignorant post i've seen today. Think this through, you will be paying MORE for food than you do now, because it's not just going to fly onto the shelves. And most of the people from the coast, are working in Alberta, who do you think is going to get laid off first? those that drive home on their own dime every night, or those that get flown in and out by airplane? this devistates us all.
    You are kidding, right?! Lower gas prices cause shipping costs to increase?! How?!
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    $2.47 in Southern WI
  • lilRicki
    Options
    lilRicki wrote: »
    $2.15/gallon...

You are kidding, right?! Lower gas prices cause shipping costs to increase?!

With the tanking of the cost of oil, our dollar is tanking too. We are sitting at something like 82 cents on the US dollar, which is causing inflation all over the place. Thus causing the cost of goods and services, especially outside major cities, to increase. You think the cost of food is going to go down because we are getting cheaper gas? That just means the farmers won't be so dirt poor and the truck driver might get to stay at the Super 8 instead of in his trailer.
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    88.6/L lowest its been in a long time!