Elliptical Trainer?

Options
So i have just got my elliptical like last week and i love it!!!!! I do about 30-1hr a day!
wondering peoples thought on elliptical training?
Weightloss with it? toned? etc...
tell me it all

Replies

• Lida16
    Lida16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I lost 10 lbs in about 1.5 months by eating healthy and working out 3x a week at the gym on the elliptical. i started at 30 mins then by the end of it i'd run for 40 mins on it. i would also do some light strength training. so yes it helps! although afterwards i got lazy and stopped going to the gym, and now i'm trying to up my habits again. 30 mins - 1hr sounds awesome. good luck!
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I LOVE using the elliptical! I feel like I get in a great cardio workout afterwards. My butt looks better to me but I don't know if it's a coincidence lol. =)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I love the cardio from elliptical - it's my mainstay for getting my heart rate up - and I keep pushing the resistance up and up in the 20 mins I do

that and squats, lunges, weights has really changed my mental attitude, my body shape, my musculature

go for it - mix it up with strength training too
  • Sn0wy71
    Sn0wy71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Elliptical is good for Cardio work, but I wouldn't spend ages on it in one go, you need to mix it with some strength training & some HIIT ;-)
  • pineappledreams32
    pineappledreams32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! I use it and do about 100-150 crunch, 100 squats and girly push ups haha can't do regular yet :p i also use a strength band