just started and need motivation

Options
Hello, I need fellow loggers to help keep me on track :) the more accountability I have the better I do

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Motivation & encouragement (explained in blog post)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-07-24-motivation-encouragement-680938

- Set small intermediate goals & celebrate every one.
    - Take measurements.
    - Take pictures.
    - Weigh yourself regularly.
    - Be flexible; forgive yourself.
    - Celebrate the non-scale victories (NSV's).
    - Don't give up!!!!
    - Don't make any food forbidden.
    - Eat real food; less processed is better.

51637601.png
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you dont stay on track I will find you. I have a particular set of skills that will be be a nightmare for you.

Hows that for motivation.

JK
  • rickyberkey
    rickyberkey Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You can do it. Stay flexible, take it one day at a time, forgive yourself when you get off track, log everything you eat so you get a true picture of calories in. MFP works for many of us so good luck!

62655620.png

• trekkie_bbs
    trekkie_bbs Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Awesome reply MKEgal! Scarry motivation ovinas1 but I still like it :dizzy_face:

No matter what people tell you you can do this. I was once told that I was big boned and had a large frame so my weight was normal. I weighed over 200 pounds then. I was told I would look sick if I lost any weight.

My profile picture is nothing more than excitement that I have RIBS that can be seen. Simple victories were all I needed to fuel myself.

Ask questions if you have some.
  • McBoffin
    McBoffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There's a small fallacy regarding accountability and other people and MFP. Yes, you'll get plenty of support on MFP and yes you will feel accountable for what you log but at the end of the day it's your mouth that the food goes in, your body that moves to burn calories and your fingers that do the logging.

If you're dilligent enough to log accurately then you're actually taking ownership and being accountable to yourself.

Having said that, I log everything everyday if you want to add me.

Perhaps a little too philosophical for 0133 though.
  • minibagz1203
    minibagz1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the support everyone! I fell off the wagon but I am ready to try again and mean it this time