super tired

Options
i have just recently got back on track with exercising and logging my meals. up between 5 and 6 am, get in 30 min of cardio then head to the gym for 60 min of either yoga, pilates/barre at 9. work at 11, home by 515pm eat dinner by 6 and by 630 i am dead to the world! i can hardly keep my eyes open. my question is, am i working out too much or is this just a conditioning issue (just out of shape) any ideas? thanks in advance

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing this? Are you having a rest day once a week?

Perhaps you are moving too fast in your fitness goals. If not perhaps you could go to the dr and getting your iron and B12 tested.
  • yoganut707
    yoganut707 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    its just been since monday that i have started the classes at the gym. i have not rested yet was thinking of doing that possibly saturday since they dont offer classes on the weekends. it almost feels like i have taken a sleeping pill sometimes if that makes sense
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It looks like it's the new routine. If you've not been seriously active, that first two weeks is HARD when you go gung-ho. Personally I shoot for 2 or 3 rest days a week, but I lift. I'd back off a day or two a week until you can get your energy levels back up. Working out while tired can lead to improper form and injury which will put you back. Rest days are so important in your journey.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    honestly, it might be the season. i know i've started to feel tired a lot earlier and i've talked with some friends who easily conk out around 7 pm during this time. perhaps try to get some b12 just to help you along and then once it starts warming up and the days are longer, see if you still feel the same.
  • yoganut707
    Options
    it is most certainly a new routine. im always fired up in the mornings and i have plenty of energy during the day. it just seems that when i get home and have dinner, i crash. im good with routine, maybe better in moderation :smile:
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I do that too. "I feel so awesome this morning, I'm going to run 5 miles instead of 3!"

Fast forward to 3:00 and I'm a puddle of snore on the couch. LOL
  • yoganut707
    Options
    i hear ya on that lol. it could also have alot to do taking the barre class! i am using muscles i did not know existed, (not really, but it sure feels like it). i will add in some B12 to see if that helps
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your food intake?
    Going from 0 to 90 min exercise in the am is a huge jump for your body to accept . Either cut back on the minutes, the days, or seriously look at your caloric intake and your macros.
    I always introduce any new routine slowly so I don't get burnt out and abandon my fitness plan altogether.
    ie: I recently started Zumba classes x 2 a week. So I wasn't over stressed I cut back other classes until my body had adjusted to the new routine, then re introduced the classes my body was already used to.
    I used to have big crashes too until I learnt to be kind to my body.

Cheers, h.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have big crashes if I eat too many simple carbs or if I don't get adequate sleep. If you are really doing new things it might mean you need more sleep than normal.
  • yoganut707
    Options
    ive been eating back most of my calories from exercise and i think im getting more sleep than usual. 7-9 hours most nights. i will rest from cardio today and just go stretch out in yoga to see how that does. im afraid when i skip a day because it takes me out of routine. thank you everyone for the advice.