drink 3-5 cups of tea per day, calories in them??

Options
Bigelow chai tea, lipton tea, and herbal teas all say they are zero calories. I use truvia sweetner and usually put in a slice of lemon in my tea, how many calories would 5 cups of tea be plus truvia (2 packets per cup) and a slice of lemon?

Replies

• vvvalentines
    Options
    I would just log the lemon if you really want to be precise. Teas AFAIK don't have more than a calorie or two per cup, which is trivial enough that you don't need to log. Truvia is 0-calorie. So, just log "fresh lemon juice" or whatever it's called, and choose "1 wedge yields" for your amount.
  • snowbunny711
    Options
    I would just log the lemon if you really want to be precise. Teas AFAIK don't have more than a calorie or two per cup, which is trivial enough that you don't need to log. Truvia is 0-calorie. So, just log "fresh lemon juice" or whatever it's called, and choose "1 wedge yields" for your amount.

wonderful thank you :) i wasn't sure if the tea bags or truvia had hidden calories :P
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I log nothing for lemon or tea.
  • eatliveplay
    eatliveplay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a big herbal tea drinker and I do not log them. I don't add artifical sweetner or lemon but even then the calories would be miniscule. When I was younger and had distorted thinking patterns related to food I would count. Something like 2 calories a cup. Now I think it's excessive and just enjoy it instead!
  • klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you add milk and honey to your chai, you might want to log those. But most teas themselves don't have calories. I drink 16 oz of green tea and 16 oz of herbal tea every day.
  • RangedLunatic
    RangedLunatic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I count them, but for the caffeine, not the calories. I probably burn more calories drinking tea than are in it.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    All five cups of tea...MAYBE 3.5 calories total. Can't imagine them having more than that.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    If that really concerns you .. you have bigger issues to deal with.
  • skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I don't know about that. People can be curious and learn all they can learn about nutrition without having an eating disorder...
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    skinny0000 wrote: »

I don't know about that. People can be curious and learn all they can learn about nutrition without having an eating disorder...

No, it's true. This is her new account. She's got an eating disorder.