Feeling bad :(

Options
I feel lonely and depressed and find each day very long and unbearable and I have no motivation to do anything. Can you guys help me think of things to do at home that will kill time? Thanks.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hang out on here lots like I do oh and go for a walk or some other exercise you enjoy :)
  • DublinEwelina
    Options
    Thanks, got any advice for a rainy day for at-home activities?
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Time shouldn't be "killed"! Use time to be productive. Find something you like doing and do it the best you can. :) If you are struggling with real depression talk to a professional and get help.

Here is a cat to make you smile

88mxuksqxb1y.jpg

• DublinEwelina
    Options
    I am in therapy for depression...I am also on meds by I still feel depressed, I'm very lonely and I can't take it any more thanks for the cat photo
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options
    It is hard to recommend any rainy day activities since we don't know what kind of things you like doing. Do you like baking food? playing video games? writing stories? Reading? Juggling chainsaws while a poodle balances on your head? who knows! There are so many things to do. :p
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Go to your local library or video store and get some good videos and books. Ask the librarian for suggestions if needed.
  • DublinEwelina
    Options
    Writing stories sounds appealing to me. I have a few magazines at home. I think I'm going to *kitten*, that will kill 5 minutes hopefully. I wish I had someone to have sex with because sex with someone else takes more time like 15 min when you include the foreplay.
  • eatnojunk
    eatnojunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    First of all big hugs. I'm on antdepressants and I have a lot of time and feel unmotivated too but I have started studing minefullness and meditation. Just be with the feel and they will pass. Things will get better although it dose not feel like it when your in the grips of depression.

Scott
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'll lend you my husband.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'll lend you my husband.
    tubirv1rfla4.jpg

• 42carrots
    42carrots Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're struggling, I can relate and I hope things improve and you can find some more ways to enjoy your time. If you enjoy learning, I'd recommend checking out edx.org - you can take really interesting and high quality courses for free, or for a small fee upon completion if you'd like a certificate. Not sure where you live (I'm assuming Ireland), but if you'd prefer not to leave home and can afford it, you can also take online courses from some colleges. I'm doing an online diploma course right now for library work and it's pretty awesome. You don't have to do entire programs, a lot of colleges offer individual courses that you can take just for personal or professional development.

I would also recommend getting a "SAD lamp" (seasonal affective disorder) - it's full spectrum lighting, and can help with people who suffer from increased levels of depression during seasons with less sunlight, but research supports that it has positive effects for people in general as well. You can get them for pretty cheap these days, sometimes doctors can give prescriptions, depending on if you have coverage and what type. I have one and it's hard to be sure of course, but I think it does help me feel better sometimes, more serene somehow. Take care :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Writing stories sounds appealing to me. I have a few magazines at home. I think I'm going to *kitten*, that will kill 5 minutes hopefully. I wish I had someone to have sex with because sex with someone else takes more time like 15 min when you include the foreplay.

:trollface:
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options

Some are marathon men, some are minute men...
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Winter does that to me, but since I started taking Vitamin D a couple of weeks ago, things are not looking as bleak. In fact I think I will be able to cope this winter, the first time in years.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Winter does that to me, but since I started taking Vitamin D a couple of weeks ago, things are not looking as bleak. In fact I think I will be able to cope this winter, the first time in years.

Your profile picture makes me think of this video I saw years ago...

• DublinEwelina
    Options
    Thanks Scott *hugs too* Sorry for what you are going through as well, glad meditation and mindfulness are helping you.

42carrots, thanks so much, I'll check out edx.org right now. I love the idea of the SAD lamp, if it's like one of those lava lamps it'll be great fun to stare at it :open_mouth: Sorry to hear you can relate by the way :'(

Socajam, awwwww I'm glad to hear this winter you will be able to cope with the help of vitamin D!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Start watching a new TV series! Or... complete a jigsaw puzzle? Play with Legos (I find breaking things and putting them together again very therapeutic, hoho!), doodle, do some light exercises? And take some quiet time to focus on, and work on the most important thing: YOU! Good luck, OP! :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Throw on a raincoat and get outside. I tend to feel really claustrophobic being stuck inside all day. The only thing that keeps me in is icy roads but I am looking for those cleat things you can attach to your sneakers.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Celexa. I think Celexa.