HRM

Options
I know it's been asked over and over again, but now that I want one I can't find a reply to this question.

What HRM to you suggest.
I bought one on ebay, it's a piece of crap, by the time it take my HR it goes down and does not count the calories as it should, I hate it!

I'm looking to get one, what do you recommend, I'd like one that counts the HR, the calories, and if I had the extra money I've love to get with the GPS, as when I'll start running soon. Do you absolutely need a chest trap for it to work? I'm really looking for an easy one to use too..

thanks for your replies. Looking on ebay and it's a bit confusing

Replies

• Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have A Forerunner 305 monitor with chest strap. Chest straps are the way to go. Check out Polar, Garmin, can't go wrong with these & be sure to get one that has the Chest strap HRM.
    Love your Tracker btw, BIG marvel comics fan as a kid lol
  • Coopertown3
    Coopertown3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Polar HRM and I love them--and easy to use!!!
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    i have the polar ft80 and my hubby has the ft60 we both love othem and they work amazing with lots of extra functions (there are other models with less functions and they cost a lot less too) so its up to you if you want to buy a good model they sell them on ebay from about 60-180 depending on the model but i did the research and polar seems to be one of the best.... just my two cents...good luck.....oh and btw the chest strap is the most accurate and it is actually really comfy you dont even know you have it on because for us girls it goes right under the girls along where our bra strap is
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If you want a GPS - go Garmin. I have the Garmin 405cx and love it. It was expensive, but last I checked, Costco carried them at a pretty good price. If you don't NEED the GPS, get a Polar. They seem to be the most praised here.

Chest strap - YES! YES! YES! If it doesn't have one, don't buy it.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 bought it on Amazon for 60. LOVE IT!! Absolutely love it. Chest strap is perfect adjustable and comfortable.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Polar FT7. Whoop!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Polar FT7. Whoop!

Same here. I love it!
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Polar Ft4 bought it on Amazon for 60. LOVE IT!! Absolutely love it. Chest strap is perfect adjustable and comfortable.

Totally agree!!!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Polar F6. I purchased it in 2005 and still have it! I purchased through a vendor, thank goodness, because it stopped making noise within a couple months and they replaced it for free under the warranty. Definitely get a chest strap.