Have any of you used Derma Rollers for stretchmarks? Or acne, wrinkles, ect.

Options
I just ordered a derma roller and have seen amazing results with it. I was wondering if anyone on here has used it and had before & afters or could give advice or their opinion on it.

Replies

• qhiggins86
    qhiggins86 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I bought one myself about a year ago, but I've been afraid to use it. I found out I was pregnant about a month after I purchased it so I didn't bother... but now I'm tempted to give it a try again now that I'm seriously working out again.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That thing with all the tiny needles?? Ugh...no. You'd have to tie me down!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    basically it damages your skin to "initiate" it's natural healing process. I used to work at a plastic surgeon's office and I've seen people with scars and thickened skin from using it, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
  • nongie06
    nongie06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi there. I have used the dermaroller, which i had ordered on line, and there were good results. thereafter i started going for professional skin needling treatments and i got really good result. my person does'nt do treatments anymore, so ill have to go back to the dermaroller. Go ahead and try it. you'll still experience results for at least one year after your last treatment. it takes time but if you keep at it, you'll see the change.
  • tmw098
    tmw098 Posts: 24
    Options
    I purchased one but haven't used it yet. My plan is to periodically dermaroll my skin on my stomach and chest to work on the stretch marks but also help it hopefully tighten as I lose weight. How often are you planning on using yours? I read once a month, but I saw a thread on MFP once where she did it more often (and her results were AMAZING).
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    There is a thread around here somewhere showing the results from one....ah ha! Finally found it. Somebody actually linked it in another thread XD

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/801386/stretch-marks-actually-getting-better/p1
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!