Am I holding myself back??

Options
Ummm...
Confession first I guess:blushing: ....as you can see I have lost weight but I haven't been eating crazy healthy as I see on fellow MFP peeps diaries:noway: however I do stay at least 100cals under my calorie goal and work out but don't eat my work out calories.:wink:

Would it really make a difference if I go insanely healthy?? :huh:

Constructive criticism only please...

Thanks in advance!! :happy:

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "insanely" healthy. Actually, I've been losing 2 lb a week since I started eating worse. Maybe not eating your workout calories is your problem. As i stated, I lost more by increasing my intake by 300 cal/day and eat back exercise calories.
  • superstah00
    superstah00 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is SO different! I don't eat "healthy" by any means. I am lucky to get in one or two servings of fruit or veggies in a day. I do try to stay away from ice cream (my temptation) and fried foods as much as I can. I was eating my exercise calories but this week I decided not to so I could see what would happen. MFP had also set me at 1210 calories per day, and I upped it to 1400 this wk. I think you need to figure out what works for you and take it from there :):wink:
  • Paigealicious77
    Paigealicious77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference in my results when I have several days in a row that I eat "clean" than when I have some cheat meals. There is a girl on my friends list and you may be friends with her also -stephanielynn in a blue bikini and her body is amazing. She has always worked out regularly; however, when she changed her diet so did her body! She is a perfect example of how changing your eating habits can change your body more than you could ever realize!!
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "insanely" healthy. Actually, I've been losing 2 lb a week since I started eating worse. Maybe not eating your workout calories is your problem. As i stated, I lost more by increasing my intake by 300 cal/day and eat back exercise calories.

I guess I probably fall into the insanely healthy category since that is what my sister says but I have my "cheat" days. ;-) Anyways sweetie, now that you have come down to this nice size you are at (Congratulations!!!) You have to tweak and peek! You definitle need to do the above. Eat some of your exercise calories. No one is saying gorge them or make yourself sick but if you work out 4-5 days a week and have less to lose you will need to increase your calories beyond 1200 calories a day. You might be looking at 1550-1600. If you want to inbox me you can! Good luck!
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yeah, absolutely it makes a difference. I started clean eating about 2 mos. ago, and it has really changed my body composition, big time. When I make poor choices, I start getting all bloated and fat, within just a few days. With the changes I've made, the weight is just falling off, with less effort in the gym than before.
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    I agree. It makes a huge difference. It's just that difference in nutrition, that boosts your results. You can work out as hard as you want. Just when you start optimizing your nutrition, your effects will be multiplied ... I ate VERY well the first four weeks of my diet, and then started seeing it relaxed. And just as I started eating junk again, my dicipline got lost, and my efforts got smaller and smaller.

I suggest, you try it. try it for three weeks - you'll see a difference!
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    woops - double post :)