Need Friends Training for Half Marathon or Similar Event

Options
My friend and I have decided to train for a half marathon. We are looking for one to do in a year. She is finishing up her PhD, and I just passed the Texas Bar Exam. I had a bad year while trying to study for and pass the exam, so I slipped back into some bad habits. I recently moved to another city and started a new job. I finally got settled and came back to MFP. I am ready to get back on track.

I do some form of cardio daily and try to get some weights in 3-4 times a week, as well. I don't use the food diary here because I keep a separate log in a notebook. Writing out what I eat and the circumstances surrounding those meals is a form of therapy for me, so I don't want to do double work. I really don't have the time as my new job keeps me very busy. I know not using the food diary is a dealbreaker for some people, so I thought I would put that out there.

I really use MFP to track my workouts and find friends for motivation.

If you want some shared motivation and have goals similar to mine, send me a friend request. I would be happy to have you as a friend.

Replies

• sarahrouselol
    Options
    Hey I am training for a marathon! It is in three months ! I just found out today I have a bad back problem and I am not suppose to do any hard running for 6 months ! I am going to have to walk/jog this but yeah motivation!
  • lizaisnothere
    lizaisnothere Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the back issues. That's a bummer but good for you for deciding to walk some of it anyway!
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are training for a half in May! I do cardio about 4 times per week, usually two of those are runs (one long one). I also do strength training twice a week and yoga most days. Feel free to add me!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of a half marathon training cycle. It will be my fifth. I have also done full marathons. The funny thing is while training for this one, I've decided I really really like running shorter distances & FAST. I plan on doing a couple other half marathons early in 2015, but then hope to transition to speed improvement on my 5K. Also looking to do some tris this summer.

I just reached my goal weight 2 weeks ago but am considering slimming down more for time improvement. I'll send you a friend request!
  • lizaisnothere
    Options
    Awesome news about reaching your goal weight. I know lots of people who love doing tris. Great goal!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I trained for and did the Richmond Half Marathon November 15th! I'm already signed up to do the same race next year (Nov. 14 I think), but I can upgrade to the full marathon (eek!) if I feel I'm ready. I used Hal Higdon's 12 week half marathon training novice program and it was great! Good luck :-)
  • lizaisnothere
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the novice program. Good luck next year!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm starting training soon for my third Half that I'm going to be running in May. Then I have another one in the fall. I keep my diary private so logging or not logging your food doesn't matter to me lol. Feel free to add me :)
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm a half marathoner! I'll add you, and any other runners (or anyone cool and interactive for that matter) are free to add me too :smile: