Vegetables making me sick

Options
Every time I have eaten veggies in the last two weeks I have felt incredibly ill with-in minutes of eating them. This includes the frozen veggies I normally eat as my "staple" veggies and others I have added lately (Spring salad mix, tomatoes, etc...fresh veggies). The ill feeling gets worse and worse through the day. What is going on? I have never had this problem before.

Replies

• Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Go see a GI doctor ASAP.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Are they organic? If not, maybe it's the pesticides or other chemicals the produce is treated with?
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I agree...go and see a Dr. You are probably out of balence. I would also try probiotics. That might help ease the digestive Process
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many vegetables you have been eating, but my mom ate so much lettuce one summer she got allergic to it for awhile! I didn't even know you could be allergic to lettuce. Maybe you should check with your doctor. Good luck!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    is there a possibility of being pregnant? I have some strong food aversions when I was pregnant, and some foods just wouldn't stay down at all.
  • kymyas
    kymyas Posts: 10
    Options
    Go see a GI doctor. Also try probiotics... when my son eats gluten, he gets real irritable and taking the probiotics eases the long digestive process allows his stomach to settle the bad food faster.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yeah i had that happen too you might need to see a doctor
  • katyrose221
    katyrose221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I never even thought about a GI doc. I think that might be a good idea. I am having other health issues the last month or so too. Maybe this is part of all that.
  • swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for a check-up... I do know that I once had heliobacterium pylori (which basically feels like an ulcer but is actually bacterial) most likely from foods I was eating when I went to Kenya for 2 weeks. It's easily fixed with MAJOR antibiotics but I haven't had a problem since. They've found a rise in this dis-ease because our food comes from all over the world, not necessarily from farmers in our area. It's worth a test. Sorry that you feel so bad.