1000 days of calorie counting on mfp

Options
I started 1000 days ago today and I lost 37 kg over the first 10 months. I have tracked every meal since day one, and this is the only way for me to keep me from over eating. Calories are just a number, and not real science - but counting works wonders. I am 5'7/171cm and stay below 160lbs/72kg by setting my daily goal to 1800 calories. This way I know I am eating around 2000 calories per day, which is the recommended number for most people.

My motto for my personal activity level is something like this quote from Martin Luther King: "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward". Added: Moving trumps sitting!

Merry Christmas to everyone and remember: Keep up the good work, you will not regret it!

Replies

• blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I like your motto. Thanks for sharing your story. And merry Christmas too
  • bloomp99
    Options
    I am also 5' 7" and 160lb after losing 13kg in 11 weeks on 1200 calories per day nett due equally to calorie control and lots of exercising including travelling by foot where possible rather than riding everywhere, I love it !
    Merry Christmas and "Keep Moving Along" :smile:
  • khol1
    khol1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow - well done you. I'm on day 50 and finding it hard already...

Your motto has given me extra motivation though, so thank you! :smile:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome! I'm only at 580-something days straight, but I've come to the same conclusion as you... if I want to keep fit, I need to continue to hold myself accountable for my food choices. You rock!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!
    Today is my 500-day streak. I am 5'9" 139lbs and have been maintaining my 100-pound loss for 367 days.
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I had just passed the 100 day mark, and totally had a mind melt and forgot to log one day. :s !!!!
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's great! sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to keep going with the tracking... but you have just inspired me!

Merry Christmas!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Great work! I wonder how many calories you've logged in those 1000 days. Rough estimate: 2000 x 1000 days = 2 million calories!!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm only at day 207 of my streak. Been on maintenance for 3 weeks now. THIS is ispiring. :smiley: