Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New here (again) and having Lap Band surgery

Hi everyone. I am new here (well the second time here but we don't count the first). I am having Lap Band surgery next Monday. I am very excited and kinda scared. I know this is a huge lifestyle change and that this surgery is only a tool and not a quick fix. If there is anyone here who would like to be my friend and stay motivated with me and maybe do a lot of laughing *hopefully and not crying* I would love to hear from you! If you have had the surgery I would love to chat with you especially LOL :laugh:

Thanks for letting me be part of this wonderful online community!

Anne Marie

Replies

• drctbone88
    drctbone88 Posts: 13 Member
    Why would you do that ?I Would give this a try first,It works very well,set your goals and do it..
  • Hi Anne Marie,
    Good for you! I have tried dieting, goals, meds, etc and nothing has worked for me so don't let people get you down with negative comments. Everyone is different and not everyone can maintain a healthy lifestyle without a little "reminder" which will be the lap band for me. I am having the lap band procedure on January 12, 2015. I am excited and scared as well. I know it is going to be a HUGE change and look forward to exchanging our experiences. Wow I just noticed that you posted on May 5th! How is it going for you so far?

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!
    Melissa
  • I will be having the sleeve done in February 2015. The day has not been set yet. I am scared and excited and so many other emotions I can't list them all. I am working on learning to chew my food 30 times so I will have it down when the surgery is done. So Melissa how are things going for you?
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Guinea cat right now for Aspire Assist. Doing MFP as a way to help track calories. Good luck with surgery.