Embarrissing NSV

Options
kgillikin
kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
I was at work today when my size 9 jeans just ripped right in an inappropriate spot. I had to leave to go get new jeans. I was nervous to try on size 8 but I did. Not only did they fit but they are a little bit loose. I tried on size 6 and they zipped and buttoned but were still too tight. So yay to a size 8 because that was what I was when I got pregnant with my twins and now they are a year old. Size 6 you just wait your next, just give me about a month.

Replies

• ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! LOL about your size 9 jean incident but totally worth it so you can see your progress
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ha! That's awesome!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    (this is going to be a really bad pun but I can't resist!)

Sometimes life just has to "rip" you a new one in order for you to have a reality check!
    Sorry it happened at work but glad you're doing so well!
    Twins.... omg - you deserve double your exercise calories just for surviving lol
  • ktblueyz
    ktblueyz Posts: 72
    Options
    seems like a lot of people dont realise that womens sizes 0/1 are the same, 2/3 are the same, 4/5 are the same, 6/7 are the same, and 8/9 are the same etc. The odd numbers are just made a little less shapely, and the even numbers are made more for womens figures. Like myself for exaple went down one size from a 6 to a 4. thats wasnt me losing two sizes that was just me losing 1. I cant buy a size 5 because its made for less of a shape than I have. Just thought id help since it seems like a lot of women outside of the style industry are not aware of this. Great job on the weightloss by the way and keep it up!
  • kgillikin
    Options
    seems like a lot of people dont realise that womens sizes 0/1 are the same, 2/3 are the same, 4/5 are the same, 6/7 are the same, and 8/9 are the same etc. The odd numbers are just made a little less shapely, and the even numbers are made more for womens figures. Like myself for exaple went down one size from a 6 to a 4. thats wasnt me losing two sizes that was just me losing 1. I cant buy a size 5 because its made for less of a shape than I have. Just thought id help since it seems like a lot of women outside of the style industry are not aware of this. Great job on the weightloss by the way and keep it up!

I actually do know that. I havent been able to fit in an 8 for a while. 10's were falling off of me literally. Size 9 fit perfect, then they got too big but I still couldnt button up the 8's. Now I can, even a 6 I can button but they are still too tight so I wont wear them until they are no longer tight. A 7 would probably fit me perfectly but I couldnt find any at a reasonable price so i went with an 8.
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

I actually do know that. I havent been able to fit in an 8 for a while. 10's were falling off of me literally. Size 9 fit perfect, then they got too big but I still couldnt button up the 8's. Now I can, even a 6 I can button but they are still too tight so I wont wear them until they are no longer tight. A 7 would probably fit me perfectly but I couldnt find any at a reasonable price so i went with an 8.

Here Here!!!! I also knew this but its such an accomplishment didnt think to mention it :) Way to go!
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    great story, one you will remember for a long time to come...nice job and you are right that size 6 is so close, it won't be long
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    o and the size thing is not the way my pants are mine are 0/1 or 1/2 and 3/4.. I've never seen a 2/3 or 4/5
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering how long it would be before a NSV involved someone's pants dropping at work/church/ the mall. lol!

Close enough.

Congrats!!
  • kgillikin
    Options
    I've been wondering how long it would be before a NSV involved someone's pants dropping at work/church/ the mall. lol!

Close enough.

Congrats!!

Funny because I work at a church and had to go to the mall like that to get new pants so I could go back to work at the church.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    The odd numbers are just made a little less shapely, and the even numbers are made more for womens figures.
    I didn't knwo that. Wish they did that here in England, it's impossible to get clothes that fit because my waist is typically 12" smaller than my hips.

Hello - any British clothing buyers out there? We don't all look like blokes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!