22 year old looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone i am a mother of two beautiful children. unfortunatly you can tell by looking at me.. i really want to lose weight and get healthy again but could really use some extra support i find myself getting unmotivated when i dont see results. i feel like i have done everything to lose weight to no avail. i just dont know what to do anymore but i keep working out and eating healthy although i constantly crave bad food .. like taco bell... do the cravings ever go away? could really use a support group to help me be beautiful again!!!

Replies

• adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm so glad I came across your post! I'm always looking for new friends! I have the same problem, I work out constantly and try to force myself to eat healthy food but I'm constantly craving cinnabon haha! If you have any tips how to get rid of the cravings let me know!!
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hey congrats on taking the first step to a healthy life style. Im 22 but not a mother, feel free to add me if you like. One of the best recommendations, that has worked for me so far is to make sure to drink lots of water. and no worries the results may be slow to see but that because you are doing this the right way not the quick fix way!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Best way I've found is to OCCASIONALLY give in to the cravings. (add me add me!)
  • Katmela
    Katmela Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 22 as well, feel free to add me as a friend :) I totally understand where you're coming from with the cravings. Even though I feel a lot better physically and mentally when I eat clean, I still crave junk. So, you're definitely not alone there. I've found that the guilt I have after eating junk usually ruins the buzz. I would try and find a healthy alternative; for me it's fat-free popcorn and flavored water. I get a similar taste, but far fewer calories. Also, skinny cow ice cream for sugar cravings, which is great because it comes in individual portion sizes.

You're definitely moving in the right direction by joing MFP. I love it here, it has helped me so much on my weight loss journey. Good luck!
  • CarliBez
    CarliBez Posts: 19
    Options
    I am new too! And I have the exact same problem, it's my biggest downfall. My go-to item is coffee. It's not all that healthy but I find it helps stem the cravings. I've reduced the sugar to almost nothing and just a splash of milk so I don't feel too guilty. A better alternative is tea with a bit of honey. Apparently it's sweeter than sugar so you can get more of a sugar hit without the amount of kilojoules.
    I am only 21, though I will be 22 by the end of the year. Hope you girls won't mind if I add you as friends too?
  • chelseawinkle88
    Options
    well this makes me feel alot better its nice to know im not alone!!!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea,
    My name is Jan. I am a little bit older than you at 32 but add me as a friend if you would like. Cravings are hard and I still battle them too.
  • stayccv32
    stayccv32 Posts: 3
    Options
    I also deal with the cravings issue. I have found that when they hit I need to give in just a little, a single taco or plain cheeseburger or whatever. Getting one small item or amount of what u crave once in a while will help take the feeling away but not completely destroy your calorie count for the day. Self control to stop at a small amount is hard to learn but there is less guilt and helps satisfy the craving. Add me!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 22 as well. Feel free to add me! :)
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Welcome! I'm eighteen, feel free to add me if you like :)